Cummins 6BT conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gifu is still right about that in my opinion. You will get best mileage gearing for about 1800 rpms cruising highway.. I would say leave the 3.73s, I am in the same boat, wish there were 3.73s for my 80 axles as well...

Woou .. ! I thought it have pretty much lift for those tires .. but if you are selling it, what come ?

I wanna see those driveshafts .!

BTW this oil pan looks pretty huge :eek:

Why are you putting the regular LC axles back in? Since you already have the stronger Dana axles, why not just leave them there?

Why are you putting the regular LC axles back in? Since you already have the stronger Dana axles, why not just leave them there?

I want to have a cummins powered landcruiser not a dodge with a landcruiser shell, and I wanted less weight, for milage, and the dana's stick out about six inches on each side, so i'd have to add fender flares.

So I'm going with longfields and new 30 spline axles to beef them up. The dana's just sold, the wheels/tires are still around. But this means i need an adapter for the toyo transfercase. anyone have one????

And the NP205 case is for sale. $500- I'll post up in the class. about it.

:beer:

Finally some pics!!! Were still waiting on the axles and longfields and t-case, going with a centerforce clutch kit, advanced adapter, add a leaf with stocks, hysteer kit, Should be cracken this next week. Until then, heres some pics.
DSCN0423.jpg
DSCN0428.jpg
DSCN0431.jpg
DSCN0425.jpg
DSCN0424.jpg

Congrats on the install... But that is a ton of lift, unless you want 10" of lift (I would be hard pressed to think of how you could need 10" of lift), you will need to lop all of that stuff off the front, the hangers, etc.. You should get down to 5-6" if you want a SOA, then it will be streetable and the truck will be 20 times more stable. Otherwise congrats on the install, pretty neat!

As far as the 6bt and SVO PLEASE don't do that to a great engine. I have almost 5 yrs experince with SVO/ WVO and Biodiesel, if you do any kind of alt fuel. I highly recommend Biodiesel. From all the data that I have collected it is a proven fact that SVO WILL coke up the insides of the engine, and injectors. It may take 30,000 mi but it will happen. My first (only ) WVO test was an 85 vw golf and after 10,000 miles and about a yr, it had lost a lot of compression and was burning lots of engine oil the only thing left to do was rebuild the engine.

I got a call just this week from a guy that was working on a 92 dodge that had been run on SVO for only 500 miles, it had broken the rotary injection pump and clogged all the injectors.

As far as your conversion goes, I would love to see the pics. Sounds like a great conversion and hope to see it soon.

Dieseltim:)

Tim I'm curious about this too.. I have heard this too about WVO.. But some o the guys I know with the "better" kits (Frybrid, etc) usually attribute it to poor heat of the oil before its burned.. Is that hogwash?

Congrats on the install... But that is a ton of lift, unless you want 10" of lift (I would be hard pressed to think of how you could need 10" of lift), you will need to lop all of that stuff off the front, the hangers, etc.. You should get down to 5-6" if you want a SOA, then it will be streetable and the truck will be 20 times more stable. Otherwise congrats on the install, pretty neat!

For Sure! It was way too high! You can see how bent the springs are too.

Yah those springs are not liking that weight. I can see them failing on a rough road.

Very nice build up.... keep us posted :)

more pics!

The cut and turn axle finally made it, just waiting on the rebuild kit. Split case is here, again waiting for the rebuild kit. Tim's been putting a new engine in his 40 the past little while.
ahhh waiting waiting!!!:beer:

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0437.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

Last edited:
just found out the t-case has a hairline crack in the outer shell by the idler shaft. Anyone have a empty case they wanna part with?

Some news,

T- case came back from die penetrant test, it looks all good, 80-90% positive its casting flaws. Tim was really awesome taking it to the next level trying to make sure were putting the best equipment together we can here! So rebuild of t-case is underway. The NV4500 is all cleaned up, freshly gasketed and painted, with the advanced adapter bolted on, lookin pretty sweet!

Ordered the Cromoly longfields, inner axles and rears, should be seeing a lot of progress next couple weeks!

DSCN0515.jpg

DSCN0517.jpg

I'm curious to know how much longer the drivetrain is with the NV4500+adapter and stock t-case. I have the A440, but would love to replace it. Anyone know the length of the NV4500 compared to the A440???

The more conversions I read about, the more I want to do it to my Cruiser. My '75 Bronco has a fuel injected 347, NV4500, Klune underdrive, and Atlas II. That would be a lot of fun to put into my 62!!! I could even use the rear 9" with 35 spline axles seeing that it is about the same WMS-WMS as the factory LC axle. Just gotta get around the 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern.

Have you been to the shop to check out your cruiser lately?

Have you been to the shop to check out your cruiser lately?

Hey mike, no I've been busy working down south here, lots to do during the summer on farmland, hopefully heading up sometime next week.

We did run into a couple snags though, the NV4500 doesn't bolt up to the 93 bellhousing so we tried a 98 but that won't bolt up to the engine, there was a half inch of space we need to fill so Tim ordered an adapter/spacer from Dodge that makes it fit. Also, anyone interested in the NV4500 to splitcase adapter from Advanced Adapters, Tim found the instruction's measurements on cutting the shaft were 15/32nds off too long, He called AA and supposedly they fixed it.

More pics and updates next week!

Well its been a while, just got some pics back from Tim, Its looking AWESOME!

The Front end is totally rebuilt chromoly longfields and axles inside, new brakes all around hysteer inplace add-a-leafs to support that hefty engine!

Centerforce clutch kit looking like sliced oranges
NV4500 mated to the Splitcase ready to go in

Getting close now!

I highly recommend Tim for a buildup like this, every step of the way his attention to detail and thorough advise makes for a sweet rig!

:beer:

014.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

008.jpg