*must do or cry later! ct26 turbo oil supply line leak possible solutions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I just discovered a Oil leak in the oil supply/return line. I am still in the process of identifying if it is a cracked line or gasket or cracked turbo?

I am due for a Turbo swap soon so currently thinking of a Gturbo badboy and intercooler.

so with the oil line what other options do I have?

1. replace with New oil return line (I have been told that there is a updated part for this anyone have part number and place to order?)
  2. Replace with a used oil line
  3. build a custom an fitting type ss braided hose something like this CT26-10-CT26-10 Turbo Oil Supply and Drain Fitting - http://www.a-r-z.com/CT26-10-Turbo-Oil-Supply-and-Drain-Fitting_p_73.html (has anyone done custom lines before on a cruiser?)
  4. solder or braze the cracked oil line - silver solder?

Last edited:
I had heard the original part was updated due to the oil line failing (cracking) which sounds like your case.

I don't have it on me, but your best best would be to search Toyodiy or contact a parts dealer and get it ordered.

I bought the AN adaptor and made up stainless lines, works great! Used a new Toyota gasket.
The one in that link looks pretty awesome, I bought a china one off eBay, have had no problems.
Might have been this one, can't quite remember...http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Turbo-Oil-Fe...urn-/181747902875?hash=item2a5104e99b&vxp=mtr

what did you use for the oil return line? how did you manage to get that to work. Im new to AN fittings and was wondering if you could share some pictures more details how you put it together.

I got it from Dave at Japan 4x4 back in the day with some other stuff.... I think it was roughly 20-25 bucks

It's showing $18 CAD from the UAE

Basically, you just buy the fittings and hose you need, cut the hose and install the fittings, there are videos about it on youtube.
Look at page 8 on my diesel into FJ60, there are a bunch of pictures there.

For the oil return to the oil pan I had to order a steel bung that was welded onto the pan.
HTHs

I've got an oil leak in this area on my truck that I haven't had a chance to track down yet, I'll have to get off my ass and see if this is my issue as well.

I've got an oil leak in this area on my truck that I haven't had a chance to track down yet, I'll have to get off my ass and see if this is my issue as well.

Here is where my pipe cracked. once removed I could not see the crack but as soon as I applied heat the crack was well visible due to expansion.
you can see where it was pissing oil from the base of the mounting flange.
I ended up bronze brazing it using a benzomatic map-pro oxygen mini torch set (found at crappy tire)...we'll see how it holds up fingers crossed.

IMG_3753_zpsvrrm5geg.jpg

IMG_3753_zpsvrrm5geg.jpg

The -17020 is US part and cheap.

this part number? how do I know this will bolt right in? nothing cross references in toyodiy. Please explain how you got this number.
15407-17020

It is for 24 valve engines but oil supply tap, oil return, and turbo position are all the same. Phone will not allow me to post side by side image.

Oemparter.com shows 16.38-24.51 us price range. $22 amayama jpn, $11 amayama uae

Different bends and support strap

Currently have one installed on a '91

View attachment 1090911

cool different bends and it looks more beefy with that extra brace.
I am assuming that the pipe will bolt up the same in my cruiser as I have a 1991 1hdt

I have been told that the 1hdt block is shared with the 1hd-ft(e) is the same block.

Different bends and support strap

Currently have one installed on a '91

View attachment 1090911

To clarify, the 1HD-FTE part is different, but still fits a 1HD-T? Any mods required to make it work? Lazy question here, but can you swap this part with the turbo installed, or does it need to be pulled for this?

No mods are needed. Yes it can be swapped without removing the turbo, just remove the turbo support bracket and it's right there. It might be a little tight but not the hardest job.

Well the bronze braze gave way today and I'm leaking oil again. This is my daily driver and I'm trying to get it back on the road tonight.

My question is can I nickel silver braze on top of bronze?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom