For Sale CT26 Compressor Housing/Wheel Hybrid Upgrade Parts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also want to be up front and say that anyone who was supplied a kit will be refunded the cost of getting a proper 360 kit.

First off I gotta say thanks for putting this stuff together Karter.

I recently installed the cold side setup on my truck. I was going to use the turbine housing as well but my turbo guy advised me that it was too tight and he couldn't guarantee that with thermal expansion it wouldn't touch.

My truck has come alive. From 2000rpms to 3500rpms it is a completely different truck. Boost comes on hard and very fast. I'm running a max boost of roughly 1.7 bar and 650*C egt. Would highly recommend this setup.

Here's a quick video of my spool on the freeway.

Thanks @HDJDub

I am trying to clear my current stock out.
I have dropped the prices and hopefully can clean up some room in my closet.

How are your plans going on the low down 1000 - 2000 rpm , hot side developement I presume

Bump these back up.

I have dropped the price of the turbine housings as they will need to be touched up for turbine wheel clearance. $50 CDN + the ride
Complete package $400 CDN + the ride.
One does not need to run my turbine housing with the compressor side upgrade either. @HDJDub's turbo is a great example
I need to clean this stuff out of my closet, its taking up far too much room.

Just got my setup from Karter, looks excellent. I am still a ways away from having my 1HDT swap completed however.

So for everyone who has ordered and installed this setup, what PSI are you running? I know HDJDub is running 25psi, which seems large!

I have a handful of sets of fully customized compressor wheel and housings fully matched to the CT26 platform. These parts have been 100% matched to fit (sent a CHRA to the manufacturer to make sure).
The supra "7mgte" hybrid is a known upgrade to the stock CT26 turbo which is an upgrade in performance for people looking for higher boost pressures, faster spooling and more boost into the upper rev ranges.
These parts are a more refined and are more of an upgrade in terms of performance. Boost should come on earlier than the 7mgte upgrade.

This is a basic upgrade without having to drop big dollars on a completely different turbo set up but would like a boost performance at a fraction of the cost. If you are looking at a turbo rebuild already this is a great time for an upgrade to your compressor end of things.

Housings have anti-surge porting and have 3" inlets (stock ct26 has 2.75") and the stock 2" outlet.
They are anodized black and come with the barb to screw in for the wastegate boost feed. The housing are matched to the compressor wheel and are fully CNC machined to suit. No drilling or tapping a the Supra Compressor housing to fit the wastegate actuator or no machining the stock compressor housing to suit the supra wheel. They are ready to bolt onto.

Compressor wheels are a customized MHI Big 16G wheel with narrow hub and extended tip technology. These are not your cheap and quick flank milled turbine wheels. These are point milled and take considerable more time to CNC than their counterparts. They will bolt onto the stock CT26 turbine. The wheels are lighter (48g before individual balancing) than the smaller stock ct26 compressor wheel at 51g (7mgte wheels are even heavier as they are larger than stock ct26). These wheels will easily be able to handle 30lbs of boost the the limiting factor in terms of efficiency will be the stock ct26 turbine.

To compare comp wheel sizing:

1HD-T Comp Wheel
42mm inducer / 65mm exducer

7MGTE Supra CT26 Comp Wheel
46mm inducer / 65mm exducer

Big 16G Comp Wheel
48.3mm inducer / 68 mm exducer

I would advise anyone looking to upgrade to get their turbine wheel/compressor wheel balanced properly by a turbo shop and assembled by them if you do not feel comfortable rebuilding one on your own.

The CHRA will need to be machined to suit the 68mm compressor exducer. Regardless if you were to do a 7mgte upgrade you would need to do this unless you were to source a 7mgte CHRA and reuse that.

I also have 58020 Turbine housings which are a physically smaller CT26 turbine housing. They have a smaller A/R which will increase turbine spool and create an earlier boosting turbo. Bolt on upgrade to the stock turbo. These are available separately.

58020 Fast Spool Turbine housings
$50 cdn + the ride

Compressor Wheel, Comp Housing, Fast Spool Turbine housing
$400cdn + the ride

If there are any questions feel free to pm me.

View attachment 1053979 View attachment 1053982 View attachment 1066228

Hi there,
i am very interested to buy one of your packages for ct26 supra wheel upgrade.
I have a stock 12ht turbo which should benefit nicely from an upgrade on the compressor.
Although i realise that for the performance gain i am searching for, i.e. more low down boost starting from 1400rpm, the key to achieve this will be on the turbine side, most importantlly being a reduced AR housing and smaller wheel.
I have standard 12ht ct26 turbine housing, i think it is 58010, i will check the number today.
Have you tested a smaller turbine combined with a supra wheel?
Would a CT20 be a candidate? - i will check today again the numbers on that one.

Anyhow - please PM me for details of that order.
thanks.

Hi there,
i am very interested to buy one of your packages for ct26 supra wheel upgrade.
I have a stock 12ht turbo which should benefit nicely from an upgrade on the compressor.
Although i realise that for the performance gain i am searching for, i.e. more low down boost starting from 1400rpm, the key to achieve this will be on the turbine side, most importantlly being a reduced AR housing and smaller wheel.
I have standard 12ht ct26 turbine housing, i think it is 58010, i will check the number today.
Have you tested a smaller turbine combined with a supra wheel?
Would a CT20 be a candidate? - i will check today again the numbers on that one.

Anyhow - please PM me for details of that order.
thanks.
hi all,
i just realised the likely mismatch of what i just suggested, i.e. a too small turbine(the CT20) with the quite larger supra comp.wheel.
I am only motivated to achieve the usual impossibility in the turbocharger world of making a single fixed geometry turbo perform well at both low and high flows.
I think with my stock 12ht turbo i am pretty close to a nice setup for most highway driving because i now have intercooler fitted and 3" exhaust.
wastegate is set at 14psi, just before the orange light which i never see.(yes, i know it still works though!)
the FMIC is giving no more than 5deg. air at the engine rel. to ambient.
Boost is nothing belwo 1500rpm but picks up to 8psi at 1800rpm.
14psi at 2500rpm and 500deg.c bef.turbo.
max EGT is at 600C at 3000rpm.
These temps are 150deg. lower than what i measured at stock boost before without IC
back pressure after turbo is max 150mbar at 3000rpm. this compare with teh stock exhaust which went up to 350mbar when i had the extra boost on WG.

It would be just nice to have more boost coming in at 1400rpm to help with catching 3rd and 4th gear shifts on steeper hiills.
there is quite a speed gap in those shifts and it requires to spin teh engie out to 3000rpm before a shift to try to avoid bogging down below 1800rpm off boost on the next gear.

thanks for any shared wisdom on this.

the problem with reduced AR on the hot side will be the performance to the hi end on the rpm band .. when in HW you will cruise hi on rpm range.

When my packages sell.
Currently I am sitting on 3 compressor packages.

One compressor package left.

I still have the smaller exhaust housings.
Price drop on them (see the first post)

I also have a CHRA that is available to get a turbo built up so you do not have to rip apart you're current turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom