CSC Wildcat run Sunday 8-14-05 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Forest Service can provide us with tractors, he suggested a backhoe and gannon, but there is not enough sand left to need the gannon? Maybe two backhoes? Repair the dam and the sand would return after a couple of spring storms. Maybe a couple of signs warning of deep water and soft sand as it fills, nope they would just get ripped out. Plus it would be big fun to watch the idots get stuck driving in the deep stuff, kinda like I did!

The high water mark;
water.jpg

Got to go drain the water from the headlight! :doh:

John and I have been looking at the pics and had the same idea about moving the rocks into the hole and pouring some portland down in there. We would want to get some water (non-flowing type) down in there though to set the mortar prior to a storm washing it out.

a couple hours with one backhoe would be more than enough, i figure with it we can rake the largest of the stones under the concrete slab and in front of it (creek side) then pile up other stones naturally. this should slow down the water enough to deposit sand and stop further erosion, then on the trail side we could just re-do the roadway. bucket in some dirt from the area and smooth/compact it.

would the FS want to lay in a concrete spillway with our labor and their concrete?? or perhaps install culverts??

So are we still going to do that in December?

it was completely dry when we were there November 6th.

DSRTRDR said:
it was completely dry when we were there November 6th.

Unfortunelaty it wasn't when we were there!:eek:

sunk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom