CSC Random picture thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I took this picture I wondered how they made it from Alaska and how much longer they had to go.
2010-08-04112840.jpg

Here are a couple from back home...

DSC_5045.jpg

DSC05600.jpg

Boy, Podunk has been blesed with the Monsoonal moisture this season. Even had a microburst on Tuesday which messed up my Christmas lights, lol...

Gonna have to take the 40 a ways into the gap road and take some pics, everything is green rolling hills..:cool:

100_1290.jpg

100_1291.jpg

I found a new picture program that "minaturizes" the items in the picture.

That float plane dock looks like my home town Eric - where were you?

That float plane dock looks like my home town Eric - where were you?

That was in Ketchican across from the main airport. We were flying out to Whale Pass that morning. Such a amazing and beautiful place Alaska is.

BTW Michael, I assume those pictures are from Germany. Wow - how everything is neat and clean. Ive heard it is one of the nicest places in Europe to visit. Claudia and Steve were just reminising at the last meet - Steve had just gotten back from there and Claudia knew of every little town he was talking about (and grinning).

BTW Michael, I assume those pictures are from Germany. Wow - how everything is neat and clean. ...

That's my hometown, Waldkirchen. The region is called Bavarian Forest (Bayrischer Wald), one of the largest contiguously forested areas in middle Europe. The town came into being as a rest stop on the salt trading route that reached from the salt mines of the Alps (the Salzburg/Berchtesgaden area) well into Poland and up to the Baltic Sea. The town was also a location where the traveling Judge held court and heard cases.

View over the central plaza (Stadtplatz) from near the church, and the Fountain sporting the coat of arms of the city (a spruce tree and a chapel/church), in gray granite, a rock that's typical for the area. BTW, that last shot was handheld, no tripod or the like - it worked out surprisingly well.

Map.jpg

DSC_7672.jpg

DSC_7674.jpg

Last edited:
I spend a lot of time during the monsoon season storm chasing. The goal is to get pictures of lightning, but every now and then something like this forms up and becomes the highlight of the entire season.

TwoPots.jpg

I spend a lot of time during the monsoon season storm chasing. The goal is to get pictures of lightning, but every now and then something like this forms up and becomes the highlight of the entire season.

That is my new laptop's background - nice pic :cheers:

Awsome! nice score.

Hope you don't mind, that will go on my background as well..

:eek::eek::eek: VERY cool. Post a bigger 'un!

Boy, Podunk has been blesed with the Monsoonal moisture this season. Even had a microburst on Tuesday which messed up my Christmas lights, lol...

Gonna have to take the 40 a ways into the gap road and take some pics, everything is green rolling hills..:cool:

I'm glad someone's been getting it. It's been pretty dry in the Phx East Valley. :frown:

I always get a kick out of this PSA.

Lol, as it flashes by, I always scream at the wife "Look! it's a 40 series"..Then it's too late..:D

Great pics Scott, what camera are you using?:cheers:

Typically a Nikon D200 but there are also shots with a couple other DSLR bodies and my Lumix LX3 point and shoot.

Some visitors are headed your way to stay at the house for the holidays:

ee.jpg

How I met my wife...

wife1.jpg

Some visitors are headed your way to stay at the house for the holidays:

I swear we had thirty rigs at the beginning of the trail. We thought Mercedes was good trucks.:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom