CSC Chat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let's keep the spirit of this forum as it was intended--more information, less imagination.

Less imagination :hmm: thought it was a debate on a subject that hadn't turned name calling. I may be very passionate about Happy Jack but I consider it my home. I thought that was the purpose of the chat thread. Unlike the Lexus LFA thread that was about getting drive a cool that quickly turn into a pissing match about how there are so many better cars out there. Seems to be a common theme in CSC. I keep my opinion out of those since that is all I have to offer is a opinion.:meh:

I appreciate your passion, keep on posting--I was a little lost reading the post and not sure which direction it was headed. Keep on posting!

Zona

Less imagination :hmm: thought it was a debate on a subject that hadn't turned name calling. I may be very passionate about Happy Jack but I consider it my home. I thought that was the purpose of the chat thread. Unlike the Lexus LFA thread that was about getting drive a cool that quickly turn into a pissing match about how there are so many better cars out there. Seems to be a common theme in CSC. I keep my opinion out of those since that is all I have to offer is a opinion.:meh:

I was in your hood again this weekend and no spikes or the such but looking. Went up to old lookout at Buck Mountain that is now not in service and is gated a mile down from the top. The side by side folks have a well run trail the goes around the gate:bang: Got rebar spikes?

One of the few wooden towers

8-1-2014 050.jpg

Last edited:
I was in your hood again this weekend and no spikes or the such but looking. Went up to old lookout at Buck Mountain that is now not in service and is gated a mile down from the top. The side by side folks have a well run trail the goes around the gate:bang: Got rebar spikes?

Not sure if I would call it my hood yet. Killing me to be retired and not be able to spend more time there. Again I understand the spikes but don't agree with them. Just like the guy who insists on driving in the fast lane when their are the slowest vehicle. While it upsets almost everybody only few do more then shake their head. Very small percentage go any further. There is (was) pullout on the road down to the reservoir that had a sign no camping. The forest filled the entire space with earth and boulders about ten feet high. Money that could have been spent on doing a better job on things like blocking the road up to the old lookout.:meh:

Not sure if I would call it my hood yet. Killing me to be retired and not be able to spend more time there. Again I understand the spikes but don't agree with them. Just like the guy who insists on driving in the fast lane when their are the slowest vehicle. While it upsets almost everybody only few do more then shake their head. Very small percentage go any further. There is (was) pullout on the road down to the reservoir that had a sign no camping. The forest filled the entire space with earth and boulders about ten feet high. Money that could have been spent on doing a better job on things like blocking the road up to the old lookout.:meh:

They needed to put big rocks on the side of the locked gate to the Hutch Mountain lookout to keep the side by sides out. Hutch Lookout is now a live on site and they didnt want people just driving up.

Hindsight's always 20/20 (right??)......I wish I'd posted over the weekend for some advanced invitations but went and saw Roger Clyne this afternoon over at San Tan Brewery. Had darn-near the best table in the house, brought my mom for her 65th birthday, along with my younger twin brothers and wife. Great afternoon and now I wish I'd been more proactive and used it as a meeting spot for some of the few other East-side 80 owners. Next time....

No ill-intentioned rebar stakes spotted on the drive there or back, FYI.

Re: re-bar stakes, irresponsible OHV use, and any other form of douchebaggery.
If you see something that looks like it needs LE response the Phoenix LECC (Law Enforcement Communication Center) dispatches all federal resource LE in southern and central AZ (BLM, USFS, USFWS, & NPS). Although most of the NAZ guys dispatch through the counties PHX dispatch knows how to get a hold of whomever covers each area.
The 24 hour number is (800) 637-9152, they are very friendly and are happy to pass along reports of illegal activity to the appropriate LEO.
Good to have in your phone :)

Even better when you have phone service which most of the area doesn't because of the tall trees in the area. Small tower across from the Happy Jack lodge and another very tall tower around mile marker 305 on highway 87. Between all the trees, ridges and valleys service is very limited.

Sounds cool,
I'll I know is I smell like a battery post, some idiot at work thought the new 10 sheets of diamond plate was a good spot to set those leaky golf cart batteries on.:censor:

Who's going wheeling this weekend and where?

Zona

I have a feeling that once it starts cooling down the pent up wheeling demand will unleash runs every weekend ... cant wait

I have a feeling that once it starts cooling down the pent up wheeling demand will unleash runs every weekend ... cant wait

And the demand to fill some tags.;)

No tag this year... what a bummer.

OTC deer 8/22 - 9/11 (archery) - put in ~14 hours last weekend in 4A/B scouting, can't wait!

Bull elk in November......SERIOUSLY can't wait!

Apologies to the non-hunters, not always a topic of mutual interest.

-t

OTC deer 8/22 - 9/11 (archery) - put in ~14 hours last weekend in 4A/B scouting, can't wait!
-t

I haven't been drawn for deer or elk in years. I picked up a bow this year planning on getting an over the counter tag. When you get the tag does it allow you to hunt any of the hunt dates or do you have to pick? I know there is the early date Aug/Sept you can also go in December and January. Will one over the counter tag cover all three?

This is your friend - p. 41 starts you on the archery, non-permit tag (OTC) dates and GMUs (p. 70 starts showing GMU locations if you aren't already generally familiar with those).

OTC non-permit tags are good for a given calendar-year. The later Dec/Jan will need both a tag for both 2014 and 2015 if you were out in both months. They are also good for one harvested animal per year.

Since that tag's good for the calendar year, yes you can hunt any of the open periods and in any of the designated open areas (again, p. 41 from the link above). Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I do quite a bit of varmint calling in Dec/Jan in 24B/24A so I thought I'd focus on those areas. I need to get a game cam or two to check on a few areas I think would be successful.

j.jpg

Weve traveled all over trying to hunt these guys each spring for years. One of our hunting partners has Javelina coming into his backyard in the outskirts of Tucson and eating his prickly pear fruit on a daily basis. munch, munch

Dont hunt much anymore - just take pictures!

Bull elk in November......SERIOUSLY can't wait!

Apologies to the non-hunters, not always a topic of mutual interest.

-t

I only support real hunting, the manly way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom