CruisinFJ60's 82 BJ42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice thread! Thanks for sharing, wish mine was driveable!

Nice ride mate
a LHD bj42 must be rare ay?

Very nice thread! Thanks for sharing, wish mine was driveable!

thanks for the compliment! i enjoy sharing so expect more over time as i do whatever i do to it i will update it.

Nice ride mate
a LHD bj42 must be rare ay?

well in the states we never got diesel cruiser anything! so it being a factory diesel here in the states it is a reasonably rare one by comparison.

this one is canadian so i presume BJ42's are reasonably popular there but i dont really know as i dont live there.

Trent, the 42's looking good. Are you still planning on keeping it stock?

Nick

Thanks Nick

and stock.... ish...

im plannin on the SOA, at least a rear locker, some bumpers, cage, and adding a turbo... that is night and day more stock than the poor 60 will be, im scared if i do anything more than that to it that ill end up wheeling it harder than i want and tear it up. I got the 60 for the hard stuff so no need to tear this one up. and at some point in time id like to clean this one all back up, at that point i would like it to stay nice for at least a little while.

Stock... yea right... And Soa don't go in the sAme post

Very nice 40! love all the pics. Are those pressure relief vents in the rear sides of the top :hmm: ?

yes they are, also supposed to help with airflow when windows and stuff are up to help keep rear windows defogged.

the covers are missing but the vents in the top are specific to the canadian models

1.) not so much rust rear LP holder with 12V bulbs on a 24V truck...
2.) can you guess which bulb i replaced with a 12V bulb...:rolleyes:

So how long did those 12v bulbs last??

Mine always give up the ghost after 10 minutes .......

So how long did those 12v bulbs last??

Mine always give up the ghost after 10 minutes .......

2 in LP lasted about 15 minutes, the one up front lasted a couple of nights for a total of prolly a little over an hour. i was amazed.

Is it a 4spd or a 5spd super clean either way

its a 4 speed, i drive it every single day cept for every now and then ill drive the tow rig but it is in need of a clutch slave cylinder. so far ive driven from fort worth to abilene and back, and then down to cleburn and back a couple of times.
Id hop in this thing and drive it anywhere.

Your killin me I want it more now

ok well here a bit earlier i got off the phone and ordered me 2 thats right 2 turbo manifolds, ive already got a coupe of turbos layin around the house so i think its time to pork this piggy!

I have the thread in the Diesel and 24V section since it more so applies there but THIS IS THE LINK TO THAT THREAD so you can follow along if you would like even if for nothing else to look at the pictures.:cool:

Enjoy!

Trent T.

Well not much of an update but i changed the oil today. I was running Rotella 15W-40 but here in the Texas heat during the summer and even in the 40*F weather after driving at idle the oil pressure drops and the EDIC shuts down the engine. SOOO I decided that a 20W-50 weight would be better for my environment. After looking around for a while trying to find a heavier weight oil that was suitable to run in a diesel engine, I also wanted something as good or better than the rotella i was running. After alot of searching i came across a thread on cumminsforum.com (another forum im on) and then was directed to a couple of other threads as well as some porsche forum. all singing the praises of this Valvoline VR1 oil...

It is a Racing oil and has much higher zinc and phosphorus levels than other street legal oils, the more i read the more i learned, i won get into it all here so ill just very briefly touch base on this. apparently a zinc and phosphorus cause higher emissions so a few years ago in an attempt to help catalytic converters last longer these were cut down, no big deal other than these are anti wear type things. and even before that these had been cut as well. basically these are good things to have in your engine epically when being run hard.

anyhow here is a little on the subject but if you search you will find a TON more it is very widely discussed including on this forum if you search. Why-use-a-high-Zinc-Oil-with-a-flat-tappet-motor-

I also decided to switch my cummins from the 15w-40 rotella to the Valvoline 15w-40 All Fleet, i plan on its next oil change to change to a full synthetic like amsoil or something but money is a factor for me, and since the All Fleet is better than the rotella a little i figured i run it and see how i liked it.

I use Wix oil filters on all of my vehicles but the napa gold is exactly the same just has a different label so since napa was the only local place with the VR1 i picked up the Napa gold filters from them.

1.) the oil i put in the 42
2.) the oil i am goin to put into the dodge (only in 15w-40 not 30w)
Valvoline VR1 20W-50.jpg
Valvoline All Fleet Plus Heavy Duty Diesel 15W-40.jpg

Well we got some 12 inches or so of snow here in fort worth last week which in my 23 years of living here and being alive that has never happened in this area. anyhow here are a few pictures.

1.) this is what accumulated after i had been driving it all day and it was snow free.
2.) all the snow on the street
3.) I didnt end up driving the dodge.
2-12-10 14.jpg
2-12-10 6.jpg
2-12-10 13.jpg

1.) this was a day and a half after the other pictures were taken, these were shot at 9 am and the others the day before at 2 am.
2.) as you can see still alot on the non driven areas
3.) and then later that day, as quickly as it came it was gone. That is texas for ya.
2-13-10 1.jpg
2-13-10 2.jpg
2-13-10 4.jpg

1.) I lked it, tho a little blurry as was taken with camera phone.
2.) last one.
2-13-10 5.jpg
2-13-10 7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom