Cruisers spotted in the Upstate..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which station? The one near the intersection of Pelham and East North? I believe the owner lives in that vicinity.....
In fact just saw it on Pelham this evening in front of the station.

Actually, I am at the station next door to Pelham Rd Baptist. Amazing how many cruisers go down Pelham Rd in a day!

Start taking pics! Passed a nice white 60 today on Patewood and think it was Nick Cain, a student at Eastside High! Passed two green 80's at different times and a few 100 series today....more cruisers than i normally see in a week!

Stopped off at the QT on Pelham Rd in the 80 to top off before driving up to Charlotte to attend ONSC gathering and pick up some parts and saw Connor Sweeney and Nick Cain, students at Eastside High that each drive LC's but were in Nick's dads Corvette! After conversing with them spotted a white 80 in the next row of pumps over and met Tom Spencer who has had 7 Cruisers over the years. Nice '93 with 250k miles I believe......He was not aware of MUD or Trollhole's or Upstate Cruisers so I rocked his world with lots of info! Hope to see him here and at our next monthly gathering at QSL!
Tom.JPG

Stopped off at the QT on Pelham Rd in the 80 to top off before driving up to Charlotte to attend ONSC gathering and pick up some parts and saw Connor Sweeney and Nick Cain, students at Eastside High that each drive LC's but were in Nick's dads Corvette! After conversing with them spotted a white 80 in the next row of pumps over and met Tom Spencer who has had 7 Cruisers over the years. Nice '93 with 250k miles I believe......He was not aware of MUD or Trollhole's or Upstate Cruisers so I rocked his world with lots of info! Hope to see him here and at our next monthly gathering at QSL!
View attachment 1405370
Wow. That thing is clean.

Went to Carrollton, GA for a funeral and had time on the way home to make a couple stops.....looked at '88 FJ62 near downtown that a neighbor of a friend is looking to sell for $3k. Major rust and made offer as a parts vehicle but they will most likely get close to asking by someone for the sheer "cool" factor. Also stopped by my friend Peter Merriam's shop off Buford Hwy as he usually has one or more cruisers on site. Two weeks ago I would have found this orange 40 on the lift to be "redonkulous" but since my youngest has been accepted to Clemson it's not so bad......And lastly, spotted a convertible FJ Cruiser!
88 62 ATL4.JPG
88 62 ATL2.JPG

orange 40.JPG

convertible FJ.JPG

Went to Carrollton, GA for a funeral and had time on the way home to make a couple stops.....looked at '88 FJ62 near downtown that a neighbor of a friend is looking to sell for $3k. Major rust and made offer as a parts vehicle but they will most likely get close to asking by someone for the sheer "cool" factor. Also stopped by my friend Peter Merriam's shop off Buford Hwy as he usually has one or more cruisers on site. Two weeks ago I would have found this orange 40 on the lift to be "redonkulous" but since my youngest has been accepted to Clemson it's not so bad......And lastly, spotted a convertible FJ Cruiser!
View attachment 1407767 View attachment 1407766
View attachment 1407768
View attachment 1407769
At first glance, I was appalled by the 40... After staring at it for a few minutes it grew on me. I prefer the square bezels and this one would be a good candidate for tasteful modification. The wheels aren't my thing, but I appreciate what the owner is doing with the vehicle.

At first glance, I was appalled by the 40... After staring at it for a few minutes it grew on me. I prefer the square bezels and this one would be a good candidate for tasteful modification. The wheels aren't my thing, but I appreciate what the owner is doing with the vehicle.

Apparently the owner is considering a complete restoration back to original......I think maybe orange paint job was inspired by this:

Matchbox 40.JPG

I see him all the time. I always wave and whatnot when I'm in my 80, but no response. Any one know him?

I've seen him downtown a couple of times, once when I was in my red 62 but I couldn't get close to make contact.

View attachment 1408821 Spotted in TR last Friday. Drove by in the 80 and yelled nice truck.
That's the same guy who was at the F-Mart when we were finishing up Trash Pickup. I gave him Trollhole's and club card and invited him to our monthly gatherings!

I think the blue 60 guy works at city public works, its in there parking lot on Mayberry St all the time

Lots of spottings but no pics.
1) Saw the wood paneled gold 62 that was for sale in Greer on CL recently parked in front of townhomes on Park Ave. Friday afternoon. Good to see that it is staying local.
2) Passed by a family in a Burgundy '95-'97 80 on East North near Stone Sunday morning. Wasn't @mechanist or @Tincan93 or Adam N. who is husband of co-worker and bought the same from Marshall about 12-18 months ago.
3) Spotted Grey 62 last evening at the TGIFriday's on Woodruff about 5:30 pm as wife and I were out running errands in the 40. Has a Yakima basket up top. I believe it belongs to David Sweeney who got it as a surprise 40th Birthday present from his wife. His nephew Connor also has Grey 62 with FJ Cruiser tires/rims.

For some reason this vehicle keeps popping up! Had lunch with a friend who works at BMW and is currently living in the Apartments near the Michelin HQ off the Parkway and he told me that a guy in his complex recently sold an old Land Cruiser with wood panel sides. And then @dukmon sent me the shot below. I also spotted it on Park Ave. near N. Main St. parked. So apparently it has sold and is still local!

60 Woody 2.jpg

IMG_4748.JPG
Somebody is no longer cruiser less! Just spotted this in the driveway of @dmark84 as I drove home! Congrats & look forward to seeing it up close next week!
Where did you find it?

Somebody is no longer cruiser less! Just spotted this in the driveway of @dmark84 as I drove home! Congrats & look forward to seeing it up close next week!
Where did you find it?

Stumbled across it on craigslist this morning. It's a '02 with 175k. Older guy off Roper Mountain road has owned it since '03 and taken good care of it. Took it to Trollhole for a once-over and then made a deal. Needs it's next 90k service which I plan to do right away. This will likely be my wife's daily so the Sienna will be up for sale soon ('14/30k/~$25k).

Stumbled across it on craigslist this morning. It's a '02 with 175k. Older guy off Roper Mountain road has owned it since '03 and taken good care of it. Took it to Trollhole for a once-over and then made a deal. Needs it's next 90k service which I plan to do right away. This will likely be my wife's daily so the Sienna will be up for sale soon ('14/30k/~$25k).

Awesome! Don't think we could have choreographed crossing paths 3 times downtown in less time this evening! Looks like the family is loving it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom