Cruise Moab was sick!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

felt good to be wheeling a 60 again...and of all the 60s out there, bobs!D:clap:

trapper, you left too soon...didnt' get to say goodbye to ya.
4260_1097616316713_1115773999_30334405_3357326_n.jpg

felt good to be wheeling a 60 again...and of all the 60s out there, bobs!D:clap:

Sweet pics! Looks like fun...

Quick Question : Is that a maggiolina RTT upi there? How does it feel to wheel with that thing? I have one and it's pretty heavy, and I'm wondering how it feels to be off camber with a RTT.

This was the coolest rig. I would take this over any other fully built truck in Moab! 09 HZJ 70 series. Still had new car smell. From Proffitts, on the great Western Slope of Colorado!!

HZJ79 with 1HZ engine .. nice .. it come with 4.30 on axles .. 5 studs and the worse part it's no R&P available yet ..

Sweet pics! Looks like fun...

Quick Question : Is that a maggiolina RTT upi there? How does it feel to wheel with that thing? I have one and it's pretty heavy, and I'm wondering how it feels to be off camber with a RTT.

yep, didn't even notice it. it's one of the newer composite ones that doesn't way anything.

This is inspiring. It is good to know I could see a little Moab action with a SUA and 33s, I figured SOA was standard. Awesome pics!

Those ubolts hanging out did not cause you any grief on the rocks?

yeah that was my first thought when i saw the pics. maybe we should arrange a bunny hill moab trip for all the sua60's

yeah that was my first thought when i saw the pics. maybe we should arrange a bunny hill moab trip for all the sua60's

This is inspiring. It is good to know I could see a little Moab action with a SUA and 33s, I figured SOA was standard. Awesome pics!

Those ubolts hanging out did not cause you any grief on the rocks?

I dont think I would want to take a soa 60 on some of the trails. too top heavy imo. My sua 60 took on everyting i could throw at it and it was fine. I never had to back down and go around on any of the trails.

oh yeah theres some trails/obsticles ive seen pics of that id probly need a pretty healthy dose of peer pressure or liquid courage to even try

Sorry Ige,

After that freak Hurricane/Downpour on Sat afternoon, we decided to take our window of Sunny Sky to pack up and skeedattle. We didn't want to be packing gear in rain. Glad to see you made it AND scored the 60 HZ "rental" for the trip! Me wanty!

I dont think I would want to take a soa 60 on some of the trails. too top heavy imo. My sua 60 took on everyting i could throw at it and it was fine. I never had to back down and go around on any of the trails.

(2X) Agreed, my SUA did everything I pointed it at. It was the first time I had done a Trail Ride and my first time on Slickrock and after my butt unpuckered from the opening Fin on Hell's Revenge in the rain, everything went smoothly.

There were bone stock rigs doing Hells...

Last edited:
Nice pics, just not enough of them! I couldn't go to Moab, so I am majorly wanting some pics. Bring 'em on, guys!

Don't forget to check other threads...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/265523-getting-ready-moab-8.html

https://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-events-expeditions/282099-cruise-moab-2009-photo-thread.html

Live from Cruise Moab - Rising Sun Member Forums

and here is an ad hoc gallery of my trip including:

Hell's Revenge Sat.
Arches National
Me, getting engaged
Gemini Bridges
Longs Canyon

ImageShack® - Gallery

with my buddies, Steve, Jon, Corbet, Rodney, Mwalls, Exrsa1, their significant others and proginy

and a SICK 60 (Rootbeer SOA) we passed in Pucker Pass

Last edited:
Yeah, I hoped nobody would notice the ubolts! I was running out of time and went to cut them off with the sawzall the night before but I didn't have any new blades. I actually didn't hit them at all. I did hit the shackle reversal a few times.

Mwalls,

Hey thanks for posting those, got pretty crazy sliding back down when I stalled on my first attempt!!

Hi All:

Great photos!

Hey "mwalls54," those two rigs - the multi-color FJ40 with canvas top and the bobbed 80 Series are my buddies Todd (40) and Tor (80.)

Good to see their trucks on the trail!

Regards,

Alan

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the best ones I have of yours. It was good to meet you and your wife. Kitty is still looking for her PBR.

yo

whoa there. I have a color code 8b2 fj 60 and I was there for cruise moab. I also run a sua and and point my dinosaur hood ornament up whatever obstacles I can find. here are a few pics I got over the weekend. except for the part said NO of course:)
cruisemoab09 004.jpg
cruisemoab09 009.jpg

Just got a disk from a buddy driving behind me...

dscn3792.jpg

By trapper50cal, shot with E7600 at 2009-05-06

dscn3670q.jpg

dscn3661.jpg

dscn3617.jpg

My buddy Steve, almost up the wall...
dscn3640.jpg

My buddy John, in the wedgy...