Crimper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

86aggie

SILVER Star
Threads
If you have used a terminal like this - male or female, with the two pairs of tabs to crimp on - one for the insulated portion and the other for the stripped portion, did you have a tool to crimp them so the tabs meet end to end, like factory wiring? None of the crimpers I have look like they will do that and that the best I can do is 'lay' one tab/leg over the other one - folding one at a time.
1668476427571.png

If you have used a terminal like this - male or female, with the two pairs of tabs to crimp on - one for the insulated portion and the other for the stripped portion, did you have a tool to crimp them so the tabs meet end to end, like factory wiring? None of the crimpers I have look like they will do that and that the best I can do is 'lay' one tab/leg over the other one - folding one at a time.
View attachment 3168214

you WILL Get Professional JAPAN TOYOTA OEM factory crimps , with some practice of course with these :

1668477064947.png

1668477076396.png

1668477103675.png

1668477121744.png

What @ToyotaMatt said. Crimpers like that aren't cheap, but they're worth it. I have a set for GM/Delphi Weatherpack terminals and regularly use the same style for installing wiring ferrules at my work.

If you really want to have a quality electrical connection, a quick solder joint will keep the connection reliable for the long run.

I like the crimpers that do one crimp at a time to control each individually like Amazon product ASIN B07G98DLB8. Some connectors have dust boots & it's hard to keep it all lined up for one press to crimp both. If I had more practice, I might like the style toyotamatt linked.

i bought this one. pricy but high quality. you will need to practice with it.

1668540679173.png

Last edited:
Actually….
Most of the crimpers shown above are not the correct crimper for the terminal pins shown by OP.

The correct crimper that creates the lovely dual inner crimp on the wire is the crimper that’s recommended for Delphi Weatherpak plugs.
Search “Weatherpak crimper” and you’ll get the correct type of crimper.

Here’s what their jaws look like:
0FDF367C-710F-4273-9951-5AC2D453ADBE.jpeg

Bluepoint PWC47 made by Snap-on is the best crimper ive used so far. I tried to use the ratcheting kind and the quality of the crimps werent as good. These are manaul, so you have to squeeze them pretty hard with your hands, but the crimp you get is way better than any other open barrel crimper ive tried.

01khpFBh.jpg

AYpSshsl.jpg

Used they are pretty affordable. Here is a link to a set for 25 bucks on ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom