craigslist cruiser crap (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
But define "manageable" !
manageable rust is that which can be removed/mitigated through moderate and reasonable effort. That's the dictionary definition.

You got me thinking, I’ve got one of those.
I got it from a guy working on a CT scanner when I worked at the hospital.
E1718F51-C491-4F31-AE22-57EF7D499EBD.jpeg
CB7E43BE-8646-466B-ABBD-8BFBC74EB8BC.jpeg
It came with the tools, I can’t remember if it had both extensions or the breaker bar.

manageable rust is that which can be removed/mitigated through moderate and reasonable effort. That's the dictionary definition.
Does this qualify? Gives me pause, but maybe I'm wrong...

1649170263163.png

Does this qualify? Gives me pause, but maybe I'm wrong...

View attachment 2972450
considering that it's the rear undercarriage here in question, and the top of the truck looks rust-free, that the crusty rust in this photo can probably be mitigated well enough. It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as the rust stops, and there are lots of products that can do that while not requiring a "showroom finish" like topside body rot does. Note the front part of the undercarriage doesn't appear that bad.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for an 80 with lockers, lol.

considering that it's the rear undercarriage here in question, and the top of the truck looks rust-free, that the crusty rust in this photo can probably be mitigated well enough. It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as the rust stops, and there are lots of products that can do that while not requiring a "showroom finish" like topside body rot does. Note the front part of the undercarriage doesn't appear that bad.

Not a bad thing to be a sucker for.

You got me thinking, I’ve got one of those.
I got it from a guy working on a CT scanner when I worked at the hospital.View attachment 2972422View attachment 2972423It came with the tools, I can’t remember if it had both extensions or the breaker bar.
And they just arrived now. That was real fast shipping! Less than 4 days direct from Osaka. These are perfect and classic tool boxes. And classicly good Japanese customer service too. Check out the little card they included about stickers…
944A6D26-9418-4D33-9E1F-A87A8FB8EA87.jpeg
AB9159D7-5057-45F6-8917-B9DD991937DB.jpeg
B975C31B-2F44-4A39-A971-6E2C9942C29A.jpeg
9B6F94F0-1098-49DD-B05F-958A71F53504.jpeg

I mean...for a PA truck it really isn't that rusty. A lot of them have that surface rust along the rear axle housing as it's what gets the most play driving around especially with salt and all. The majority of the frame looks decent enough - certainly could be cleaned up. Only issue I have is: it's far away...and I don't think 80's can tow themselves.

:deadhorse:

1978 fj40 in Crownsville

1978 fj40 in Crownsville

That'd be a fun project. Maybe a good candidate for a wheeler build.

Hmmm… H1 @ $38k

F106B598-16A3-4ECA-A55E-CDB7A01E4A99.png

That's actually a block or two from me here in Lemoyne. It's a used car lot, but the other month they got a few Hummers and a couple Deuces - presumably through the Gov auctions - and have had them sitting on the lot.

That's actually a block or two from me here in Lemoyne. It's a used car lot, but the other month they got a few Hummers and a couple Deuces - presumably through the Gov auctions - and have had them sitting on the lot.
Interesting. Yeah- I noticed he’s got a few for sale on FB marketplace.

The lot has always been a bit of a question. Years ago they were selling a lot of "ricer" VWs. Then it was utility trucks. Now military vehicles. I've heard people say other things are going on there and the vehicle sales are just a front. Things sit on the lot for months if not years, so there may be something to that.

Seems reasonable...

The lot has always been a bit of a question. Years ago they were selling a lot of "ricer" VWs. Then it was utility trucks. Now military vehicles. I've heard people say other things are going on there and the vehicle sales are just a front. Things sit on the lot for months if not years, so there may be something to that.

Took a bit of searching but I remember this when it first came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom