cracked hose, 3fe air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AND i was wrong, this connection is important, if the little guy gets out of the air intake hose the motor will not run
I assume since this hose penetrate the intake after the MAF the engine get more air than the ECu planed?
ill be happy for clarifications

Yes, if the leak is downstream of the MAF than the engine is getting unmetered and unfiltered air.
The engine will run lean and the risk of sucking a few grains of sand or even part of the hose into the motor is not worth it.

For a trail repair taping the hose would work but it needs to be replaced with a new hose sooner or later.

Yes, if the leak is downstream of the MAF than the engine is getting unmetered and unfiltered air.
The engine will run lean and the risk of sucking a few grains of sand or even part of the hose into the motor is not worth it.

For a trail repair taping the hose would work but it needs to be replaced with a new hose sooner or i

If I simply seal the intake. (Remove the thin hose completely) am I impacting the engine performance

You do realize that you could have had the parts delivered and installed by now as opposed to dicking around with this nonsense.
With a massive air leak, the flap in the AFM will not stay open and the fuel pump will shut down.

I recommend Partsouq.com because # One there in your part of the world there fast and affordable.
This is not the place to seek advice if you don’t wanna do it right.
If you plane just can’t afford it say so.
The part are available!!

You do realize that you could have had the parts delivered and installed by now as opposed to dicking around with this nonsense.
With a massive air leak, the flap in the AFM will not stay open and the fuel pump will shut down.

Arrival time of parts is about 6 to 12 weeks.

Cost of shipment and taxes double and triple the price,

Now you know. In addition, I am new to the forum and try to learn from others experience. The question was about the impact if I delete that hose and seal the air intake hole

Arrival time of parts is about 6 to 12 weeks.

Cost of shipment and taxes double and triple the price,

Now you know. In addition, I am new to the forum and try to learn from others experience. The question was about the impact if I delete that hose and seal the air intake hole
Have you checked Partsouq.com, There in Dudai shipping shouldn't be that much. I get parts halfway around the world from them in less then a week. Or is it the customs in your country that hold it up. As for the taxes I can't help you 🤷‍♂️

Israel has high VAT/Import taxes. If money's tight, it's tight.

Have you checked Partsouq.com, There in Dudai shipping shouldn't be that much. I get parts halfway around the world from them in less then a week. Or is it the customs in your country that hold it up. As for the taxes I can't help you 🤷‍♂️

I checked they don't have it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom