Couple Pig questions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
1. How difficult is it to replace the t-case on a 75? I've done lots of t-case replacements on 40s and always run into having to take off the bellhousing motor mounts to drop the t-case to get it off because of the crossmember. The 55 loks like that will not be an issue. But it's better to ask.

2. My brake cylinders are sticking. Any ideas on how to fix this without replacing them. Is it possible to rebuild the cylinders or is it better just to replace them?

Everything is stock.

Marshall I have a few extras in my cruiser I think. Not sure how great they are havent had them out in a LONG time. But you can check them out if you want.

Napa has always had the brake cylinder rebuild kits for Pigs (different from the 40s) for about 5 bucks each. I've used them many times, no problem.
Transfer case is much easier to pull out of a Pig than out of a 40...

I had my cylinders sleeved at Sierra Specialty Automotive. They are sleeved in brass, and come with an excellent garauntee and the owner is probably the most knowledgeable and helpful person I've ever dealt with. Price was less than a new cylinder from Specter, and since the sleeve is brass it will never rust. Sleeving is very popular in other parts of the world, but it seems slow to catch on in the US. Give it a shot, I highly recommend it.

--Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom