Cottonland Picture of the Day Thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

upload_2018-10-18_17-56-49.jpeg

Next step was to clear the woods around the shed I let grow up to hide how ugly it was

I dropped 40 trees and hauled them off. Looks proper now.

344C3C21-F013-409D-9CBA-BCC71F83B9BD.jpeg

B2D81FC3-D507-43A8-9F25-183FAF83421F.jpeg

500 mile tire test to asheville and back via mostly 2lane. They work :D

Best random unplanned stop in a while. Sometimes they are the best; finally had no plan or agenda. Fort Defiance and the Hamby mansion were closed due to storm damage so found a spot on the banks of the catawba river for a few casts, some snacks and a nap. All successful

New tires?

Yes. Used new Falkens. Hence getting sucked back into 37’s. They look the best but took the zip out of her. But im a sucker for a good deal :grinpimp:

Hard to tell from the pic, but is your 45 SOA?

Yes but seems particularly tall compared to others ive had or driven. Would love to be on 2.5” and 33s actually but that project is at least a set of tires away and would benefit from a 5th gear or OD. Plus theres that inherent distaste for paying to lower a truck :grinpimp:

A topic for another thread but i should make a full list to see what all i would really need... I think the dakar/ome was 26-800 alone and then add replacement perches and a steering arm plus?

Yes but seems particularly tall compared to others ive had or driven. Would love to be on 2.5” and 33s actually but that project is at least a set of tires away and would benefit from a 5th gear or OD. Plus theres that inherent distaste for paying to lower a truck :grinpimp:

A topic for another thread but i should make a full list to see what all i would really need... I think the dakar/ome was 26-800 alone and then add replacement perches and a steering arm plus?

There is never a wrong place to discuss lowering a SOA FJ45.....

Perhaps they used the 45 springs for the SOA. If so, they have a higher rate and would make it that high.

I’ve got some flat flat 55 springs you could have that might would bring it down .....

Yeah. Won’t be cheap but if you look at it as an investment the value would likely double.

Still. It looks extremely good as is.

They are the original 45 springs. Fronts are pretty flat. Back is still the orig 11 leafs I think. The ride isn't actually that bad.

Thanks! Will keep that in mind. Rear 55 is a different length i believe but I will likely pursue lowering first .... though the fronts could use a left right swap.

Since it's a new day ;)
Whatever i do it has to ride better than the OME on the 55. Brutal rough. Needs some leaves pulled and/or more sidewall cushion.

F5F55B18-9AA0-4F69-8AB8-CDF7FC605EF5.jpeg

SOA 37s vs 2.5” and 31s.

The height looks good to me.

That said, I've found that binding the rig down via the frame to a trailer with chains and hauling it all over the place will do wonders if you want to flatten them out some more :)

They are the original 45 springs. Fronts are pretty flat. Back is still the orig 11 leafs I think. The ride isn't actually that bad.

Thanks! Will keep that in mind. Rear 55 is a different length i believe but I will likely pursue lowering first .... though the fronts could use a left right swap.

Since it's a new day ;)
Whatever i do it has to ride better than the OME on the 55. Brutal rough. Needs some leaves pulled and/or more sidewall cushion.

View attachment 1815340
SOA 37s vs 2.5” and 31s.
To lower it a bit, you could start with taking some leaves out of the rear pack. For the front, you could do a shackle reversal and french the shackle into the frame. That should bring it down 1.5-2".

E2C70864-DF3D-4031-9326-45C28CBDDB10.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom