Cost to replace LX470 hydraulic suspension with something custom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking into purchasing my first 470, although the suspension may need to be replaced in the near future. What should I budget to remove the hydraulic suspension and replace with something like an Old Man Emu (or something comparable) kit?

You should expect around $2k parts and labor if you're having a shop do everything.

Many will advocate for sorting out the AHC, myself included.

^^^^ myself also included

Looking into purchasing my first 470, although the suspension may need to be replaced in the near future. What should I budget to remove the hydraulic suspension and replace with something like an Old Man Emu (or something comparable) kit?
It's very common for new owners to come into LX ownership thinking removal of AHC is their first priority. That's often misguided and based on old (and if we're honest flat out wrong) information mixed with absurd dealer quotations for parts/labor.

Unless it's rusted to hell and back, plan on keeping AHC. Aside from rust, and assuming you're not building a monster truck with 37" tires, AHC is by far the nicest suspension you can get per dollar in the 100 series for mixed on/off road use - my opinion and dare I say shared by dozens/hundreds of others on here and the UZJ100 facebook group.

Nothing in the system is overly expensive, nor is anything any absurd mount of labor (again, assuming lines aren't rusted through).

Embrace AHC. And hopefully welcome to the club. :)

After having driven my 1st gen Tacoma with a full OME for 5 years and going back to the LX, I will do what I have to to keep AHC performing. Love it and it's still doing well at 344k miles. My 18yr old son drives the Tacoma now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom