Correcting a KDSS lean (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for posting this, will be giving it a try this weekend. :)

IMG_0102.JPG
Got mine both broke free today! Happy days...

I tried the procedure today on my rig and confirmed the lean was not corrected. I'll be swapping the rear OME 2722 side to side next weekend. Hopefully that resolves the lean. For reference, I have the rear spring labeled "A" currently on the drivers side.

I tried the procedure today on my rig and confirmed the lean was not corrected. I'll be swapping the rear OME 2722 side to side next weekend. Hopefully that resolves the lean. For reference, I have the rear spring labeled "A" currently on the drivers side.

Can't help you with which spring goes on which side. As far as the KDSS procedure goes.... How much difference do you have side-to-side? Did it reduce the lean? Did you try going to a higher object?

The "A" spring goes on the right/passenger in US side/gas tank side. I put the "A" spring on my left side originally, and noticed the lean. Called ARB and they told me they designed the "A" spring to go on the gas tank side.

My 200 is dead flat even now. With KDSS valves opened and never having to mess with lift a tire and then closing the valves.

Can't help you with which spring goes on which side. As far as the KDSS procedure goes.... How much difference do you have side-to-side? Did it reduce the lean? Did you try going to a higher object?

It made a very small difference even when driving on a 6" high piece of wood. Thanks again for posting this video, I'm sure it will help out when I get the springs swapped.

The "A" spring goes on the right/passenger in US side/gas tank side. I put the "A" spring on my left side originally, and noticed the lean. Called ARB and they told me they designed the "A" spring to go on the gas tank side.

My 200 is dead flat even now. With KDSS valves opened and never having to mess with lift a tire and then closing the valves.

Thanks bud, that is good to know. Kamal recommended the same thing as well. I'll be definitely swapping the springs when I get some time. May hold off until I receive the new panhard bar and knock them out at the same time. Cheers!

The lean is now corrected after swapping rear springs side-to-side. Drove around the block with the KDSS valves 3 turns open then found a flat location to re-tighten the valves. Now the lean is within 2mm. Also took this opportunity to install the Tough Dog panhard bar and corrected the rear axle shift. Good times. :)

Having my Toyota dealer install Slee purchased BP-51 suspension/2722 rear coils/upper control arms on 2018 200.
5mm preload, 2C/6D front/rear to start on 200 with no bumpers/winch, etc yet but with Slee sliders and ARB dual compressor.

Ended up with the LEAN as noted may occur on OME specs sheet...springs all checked to be in correct respective location.

http://blog.arbusa.com/?p=55
"In vehicles with front and rear A/B springs, most of these vehicles will be happiest with an A coil fitted to the front, driver corner and the opposite rear, passenger corner."

"Due to the nature of the KDSS, Models fitted with KDSS may experience a characteristic 10mm to 15mm lean to the front right hand side."

http://www.arbusa.com/Uploads/PDF/onlineManualsGuides/OME_Guide_current.pdf

Fortunately came across the above mentioned 'project200' article: told installer and 'Lean be gone' :)

NO more than 3 turns of 8mm screws or it apparently can get rather expensive with significant hassle factor to obtain correct equipment to recharge KDSS system if air gets into system.

I had the vehicle jacked up for a period on one wheel and it developed the lean so you must be able to balance it out some how

If the Lean is more in the front with the left front side lower, can we drive up the block on the front ride hand side ? Or doesn’t it really have to be corrected by driving up blocks on the rear tires?

If the Lean is more in the front with the left front side lower, can we drive up the block on the front ride hand side ? Or doesn’t it really have to be corrected by driving up blocks on the rear tires?

Did you fix this? Mine is lower on the front Left (driver) as well ... Wondering if the drive up the board trick would be board under passenger front? Rear? Measure the highest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom