Cooper ST Maxx VS BFG AT KO2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried searching online, but didnt have any luck. I was pretty much set on the ST Maxx, but read good reviews about the KO2's and wondering how they compare. Looking for feedback from people that have experience with both and which is preferred. I am currently on my 3rd set of BFG KO's and have been reading that tbe KO2's are a big improvement over them.

I just had a set of S/T MAXX installed (coming from several sets of Toyo AT/ATIIs and GY MT/R Kevlar) in 305/70R18 (~12" x 35"). Next week will be my first opportunity to put some highway miles on them. FWIW each tire took 4-6 ounces to get balanced; more than I would have liked...

"Kind of heavy" is the only complaint I've ever heard about ST maxx's...but c'mon, on a landcruiser it seems crazy to decide based on a couple pounds.

KO2's .... seem great if you don't mind having the same tire as everyone else.

Excellent. Yeah, I don't really care what others have when it comes to having traction. It's not a tire competition to see who has what.

I was going through the same dilemma as of last week. I went with the Maxx STs (255/75 17), so far they seem great. I think either one you'll be happy with, they both do seem to be great tires from the reviews. I will say, i have yet to really read one bad review of the Coopers, but have heard of issues with the BFGs.

I just had K02's installed on my GX470 265/70/17 and after less then 500 miles had to have them re-balanced due to vibration above 60mph. Only off roading I did was drive on a rutted up frozen lake, but I was easy on the throttle, the rest was normal road use. I hope this issue doesn't become a problem, as these tires aren't what I would consider cheap.

Toyo OC ATII is said to be a good tire, as well as their MT and Cooper STT PRO, but the last two are a lot more tire then the KO2.

more than 10k miles on my ST Maxx on my 60 and have had ZERO issues with them. Aired them down to 12-15psi a couple times for wheeling in the Nevada Desert with no issues, done highway speeds up the mountains of CA hauling animals, camping gear, etc. with no issues. They are great tires and still as quiet as the day I got them which is on par with your standard AT... cannot say enough good about these tires.

20K kms on my KO2s and no complaints whatsoever. Recently used them in a few inches of snow and ice and while they did not grip like a dedicated snow tire would have, they did get me up to the ski resort without slipping. I was impressed.

zS0jisj.jpg

I'v had both, running ST Maxx on the HJ now they work well on the Hi way ( don't know past 62mph can't go there )
most of the time spent spent on 2 tracks in the mud and sand/gravel wash and have never gotten stuck.
Think I like the ST Maxx a little better but it will probably come down to $ when time to replace

tl

I've used the st maxxs on two tundras and now my fj60, they are really good tires. They grip well in the snow/ice and do pretty good in the mud. I was less then impressed with the bfg's in the snow-they just didn't seem to ever find grip, at all.

really liking the ST's on my 200 - about 3k on them now and they're stable, quiet and balanced out well..... a nice blend for a 90% street rig...

E

I've had the ST Maxx's for a day and so far they ride well on the highway and around town. Here's what they look like on my mostly stock 100 Series.

20170312_104533.jpg

Obviously, it's been to soon to really judge them but from what I've experienced so far, I'm happy with them!

I've used the st maxxs on two tundras and now my fj60, they are really good tires. They grip well in the snow/ice and do pretty good in the mud. I was less then impressed with the bfg's in the snow-they just didn't seem to ever find grip, at all.

You sure that you had KO2's? I find no issues with KO2's in snow, but haven't tried anything real deep.

The KO2s do really well in snow and ice, on and off road. The only drawback I've experienced with them was hydroplaning in some standing water/slush on the interstate at speed. Other than that, they've been great.

100-series-land-cruiser-in-snow-and-mountains-jpg.1415637

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom