Coolant Leak after TB R&R (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently had my WP and TB replaced. I've been smelling coolant, but assumed it was just burn off from the coolant drain and refill. Open the hood today to service the fuel filter and noticed coolant leaking from the top neck. I can see pink and white fluid that has leaked down the serp belt. So, should I assume that the TB has been compromises/contaminated?

The T-belt covers probably kept coolant out. You can look at weep hole and can pull T-belt cover to make sure.

Did you reuse the original top radiator hose?

I did not and a couple days later I noticed burnt coolant smell. It was very hard to see but the bottom of the top coolant hose was leaking on the motor side. It was dripping down and pooling in a valley near the serp belt tensioner.

Upon further investigation, I found quite a bit of corrosion built up on the bottom side of the male hose connector. I had to chisel that stuff off and install a new hose. That solved my issue.

If water bypass upper radiator hose goose neck is pitted I'd replace. Same goose for water inlet lower radiator hose goose neck. If hose(s) are pitted, or swollen I'd replace.
Just scored a 2007 LC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom