Cool "foreign" market OE mods for 100-series?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I have a "bog standard" US-market 100. Just wondering if, aside from badging, there are any cool Toyota OE items from markets outside of the US that are reasonably easy to install. I've searched but haven't found a thread like this.

Some of these come to mind. I in no way am an expert in these, so consider this as getting the conversation started

1) Middle eastern spec cyclonic air filter
2) Winch installed behind bumper cover, with additional cover
3) Fuel subtank, I believe that was available in Australia
4) Rear swing-arm mounted spare tire carrier
5) Diesel model, with associated higher capacity diesel components (e.g. Diesel specific AHC torsion bars/springs)
6) Idle-up throttle controller

Hood ornament, various other badges/emblems.

upload_2016-6-27_13-13-34.png

Some of these come to mind. I in no way am an expert in these, so consider this as getting the conversation started

1) Middle eastern spec cyclonic air filter
2) Winch installed behind bumper cover, with additional cover
3) Fuel subtank, I believe that was available in Australia
5) Diesel model, with associated higher capacity diesel components (e.g. Diesel specific AHC torsion bars/springs)
6) Idle-up throttle controller

I can offer some input as I have some of the mentioned options, as I have a Middle East spec LC.

1) Check! Sounds like a doable mod.
3) Check, OEM option in GCC countries, GCC is actual model code and stands for Gulf Cooperation Council I think. Not a viable option IMHO.
5) I will venture that here in Holland and Germany, France and perhaps even France, 7 out of 10 100's are diesel. Sure, let's swap out an engine, sounds like fun!
6) I have no idea what that is, but if it means way more throttle/noise on startup, I have it!

I also have the hood emblems (gold, naturally), there is a cutout in the hood to mount it, so NOT doable option either.

I don't have the decals, but I saw the exact decals in the pic above on a white 200-series here recently, also Middle East model imported to here.
You could go for the Middle East rear spoiler? It's HUUUGE.

full

Last edited:
TeCKis300 >>
1) Middle eastern spec cyclonic air filter -- feddomw >> 1) Check! Sounds like a doable mod.

2) Winch installed behind bumper cover, with additional cover --
feddomw >>In regards to the OEM winch, negative. We don't get the hardcore fun stuff. Only mall duty options.
100 Series 2000 Land Cruiser OEM Winch

3) Fuel subtank, I believe that was available in Australia -- feddomw >> 3) Check, OEM option in GCC countries, GCC is actual model code and stands for Gulf Cooperation Council I think. Not a viable option IMHO.

5) Diesel model, with associated higher capacity diesel components (e.g. Diesel specific AHC torsion bars/springs) -
feddomw >> 5) I will venture that here in Holland and Germany, France and perhaps even France, 7 out of 10 100's are diesel. Sure, let's swap out an engine, sounds like fun!

6) Idle-up throttle controller -
6) feddomw >> sounds like fun! I have no idea what that is, but if it means way more throttle/noise on startup, I have it!
OEM Hand Throttle Install for Your 100 Series

you could do the fender mirror deal. while i'm thinking about it, is that a legal requirement for certain size vehicles in the middle east or japan? those are the only places i recall seeing it. is there something about RHD that necessitates that? or are they just bad drivers?

img07499-20141203-1128.jpg

you could do the fender mirror deal. while i'm thinking about it, is that a legal requirement for certain size vehicles in the middle east or japan? those are the only places i recall seeing it. is there something about RHD that necessitates that? or are they just bad drivers?

img07499-20141203-1128.jpg
Lol I've always wondered about that too! I've thought it may be ideal for looking at tire placement when picking a line. I usually aim my mirrors down a bit offroad to do that anyway, but then again these would just get ripped off on something I fear.

I drive for a living, those front mounted side mirrors are for the blind spot down the side of the car.
These things have big mirrors, but there are still blind spots.

Hood ornament, various other badges/emblems.

View attachment 1281816

I want one of those, I've seen them for $50 but lost the link, eBay has them from $70ish and up for a OEM, cheap who knows what it's made of is a lot less of course.

Have it installed by a body shop and I think it could be done right and look great.

I would kill or pay anything for the big vinyl body decals on middle east spec cruisers.
We should be able to work out an arrangement, you see my ex mother in law - and so on!!
OR you could e-mail and ask here: http://www.toyotavn.com.vn/en/
If they don’t understand/want to help, then I can buy on your behalf and ship.

Saw this rear wiper on Ebay from Japan. Kind of pricey at $70 but it is an updated look.

20140402_153689.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom