Cool cars and CLC chat (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since we’re talking coins…

592EF1A6-3F25-40EE-9DC3-D32F72B62369.jpeg

High water line at Barrett Jackson
2.5 million

View attachment 3233083

@dnp

WOW. I wouldn't think there would be TWO of them!

These are bad ass beasts.

Holy Grail car…..

I remember seeing one at F1 race @ Indy late 90s it was nuts it was so badass.
Truly unique, yet surprisingly crude (at least inside). We had a couple at the shop when I worked there (the owner had one). Not comp versions like the ones above, just street versions. I rode in it with him, but not very far and not fast. It's a ghastly sounding animal too!

@Bomar do you know of any tire manufacturers that make all-terrains for a 19" wheel. So far I've found toyo at3 and duratracs in a 255/55r19, but that's about it. Trying to wait on new wheels, but 19s are stupid.

Picked up a 23 BRZ Limited Manual in black, an unordered allocation to Paul Moak Subaru. Got it for MSRP, they did have a stupid STI shift knob on it for $255 that they wouldn't take off, but I'll live with that. Great little car that I just fit into with a helmet (barely brushes the head liner) . My fat ass probably looks dumb getting in and out especially since I don't drive with the seat all the way back, but once I'm in I'm nice and comfy in the seats. I need to get through the break in period quick so I can start having fun. The Pilot 4s tires have some serious grip, CT is going to love selling me a replacement set in a couple of years.... Looked for a GR86 for 7 months, but they were all coming in as automatics.

Picked up a 23 BRZ Limited Manual in black, an unordered allocation to Paul Moak Subaru. Got it for MSRP, they did have a stupid STI shift knob on it for $255 that they wouldn't take off, but I'll live with that. Great little car that I just fit into with a helmet (barely brushes the head liner) . My fat ass probably looks dumb getting in and out especially since I don't drive with the seat all the way back, but once I'm in I'm nice and comfy in the seats. I need to get through the break in period quick so I can start having fun. The Pilot 4s tires have some serious grip, CT is going to love selling me a replacement set in a couple of years.... Looked for a GR86 for 7 months, but they were all coming in as automatics.
All that and no pics?

“Fat Guy in a Little Car”

We picked up a 2023 GR86 Premium but it is with auto because of my wife's bad knees. Paddle shifters are kind of fun but not as good a a manual. Traded a 2013 FRS in on it. Found this one Missouri and did a 700 mile road trip to pick it up. Extra 40 horses is noticeable over the FRS motor but I don't care for all the extra electronic interface or driver assist features. We have about 1500 miles on it so far.

1676399631898.jpeg

We picked up a 2023 GR86 Premium but it is with auto because of my wife's bad knees. Paddle shifters are kind of fun but not as good a a manual. Traded a 2013 FRS in on it. Found this one Missouri and did a 700 mile road trip to pick it up. Extra 40 horses is noticeable over the FRS motor but I don't care for all the extra electronic interface or driver assist features. We have about 1500 miles on it so far.
Luckily Subaru can’t figure out how to make all that stuff work with a manual transmission. So I’ve got blind spot detectors and that’s it. Maybe rear cross traffic alert, I’ve not had it go off if I do. No radar cruise control, lane keep, etc. and I just plug my phone in and do CarPlay. The stereo sound is criminal and exhaust note is non-existent. But I can fix both of those pretty easy.

I wonder how many videos this car will last. The storage bubble is quite impressive though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom