Contemplating Move: Teller County (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Afternoon all. Anyone know the various ins and outs of emissions in Teller County and if diesel swapped vehicles are accepted there? TIA. Trying to get an idea on wether or not it’s crazy like Denver or not.

Teller is not in the emissions zone for gas or diesel... YET. Diesel Vehicles | Department of Revenue - Motor Vehicle - https://dmv.colorado.gov/diesel-vehicles

The EPA has sounded the warning bell, just a few weeks ago: Colorado Springs 3-year air quality average beyond federal standards - https://gazette.com/premium/colorado-springs-air-quality-below-fed-standards/article_d84013c8-19d4-11ee-a369-53f6c9c82199.html

I expect when they take action to sayv teh plannit, it won't just be for the Springs - it'll be to move the whole state under one emissions program... and I expect that will be soon.

JM2C

Afternoon all. Anyone know the various ins and outs of emissions in Teller County and if diesel swapped vehicles are accepted there? TIA. Trying to get an idea on wether or not it’s crazy like Denver or not.
Not yet, but it is Kalirado so just give them time to convince themselves they are smarter than everyone else on this topic too.

Not yet, but it is Kalirado so just give them time to convince themselves they are smarter than everyone else on this topic too.
Yeah I figured. Wondering if it’s worth keeping the old 80 if I swap it or if I’ll have to sell it eventually. Although I see some of the worst running vehicles you’d ever imagine too, so who knows.

So when I registered my diesel swapped 60, it got registered as a gas. Dude at the dealership doing the vin verification asked if it was gas. I played stupid and just said I was unsure if it was gas or diesel. So he went off of the vin which was gas. Now when El Paso makes gas engine need emissions testing, I will probably just register it in a different state.

I don't see Teller going to emissions anytime soon. Too many ranchers needing diesel to haul.

So when I registered my diesel swapped 60, it got registered as a gas. Dude at the dealership doing the vin verification asked if it was gas. I played stupid and just said I was unsure if it was gas or diesel. So he went off of the vin which was gas. Now when El Paso makes gas engine need emissions testing, I will probably just register it in a different state.

I don't see Teller going to emissions anytime soon. Too many ranchers needing diesel to haul.
That’s a good point. We’ve been through that area so many times, but never thought what it would actually be like to live there. Probably headed back for a look see soon.

Getting tired of KS and the area we’re in. Plus, with a kid hopefully on the horizon in the next few years, we want somewhere with more outdoor activities, instead of an 8 hour drive. 98% of KS is privately owned, and all the tiny amount of public land is full of hunters in the temp range we like hiking and camping.

I'm up in Teller County. I remember the emissions routine back when I lived in Douglas County and don't miss it a bit.

Fingers crossed that the environmental agenda-driven profit-center nut jobs will just let us be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom