Considering moving to a GX, have some questions. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks all!

How is the HVAC, and dual zone system? Any blend door issues? I know I traded in my F-150 on my 4R due to a blend door issue which would have required dash removal and thousands to repair. It wasn’t the money necessarily, but I just do not trust the average tech to do this correctly and get it back together without squeaks and rattles and issues down the road, nor do I trust myself. The AC in my 4R is fantastic and will freeze me out, but generally more features can lead to more issues.

No blend door issues that I'm aware of and the HVAC is good. The only thing that I don't like is the seat ventilators suck. Seat heaters are good.

My GX470 is starting to have blend door issues, but it's 16 years old and they just appeared this past year. So they are a looooong ways in the future for a 460 :). Toyota blend doors/servos/etc are all very good. They are probably the same parts as your T4R as they are all electronically actuated anyway.

My GX470 is starting to have blend door issues, but it's 16 years old and they just appeared this past year. So they are a looooong ways in the future for a 460 :). Toyota blend doors/servos/etc are all very good. They are probably the same parts as your T4R as they are all electronically actuated anyway.
LOL my 2010 460 IS almost 14 years old you know.

LOL my 2010 460 IS almost 14 years old you know.
I guess we'll see soon then if those 150-platform actuators are better than the 120-platform ones :). I have all 4 new ones ready for an install, along with a new dash. Fun times this winter!

I guess we'll see soon then if those 150-platform actuators are better than the 120-platform ones :). I have all 4 new ones ready for an install, along with a new dash. Fun times this winter!
This winter is gonna be my project time too. I have a huge backlog of projects

Well damn, once grown quite accustomed to that in my 4R and my wife’s car.

What level of connectivity do the pre ‘20 offer? Can you still stream music and connect your phone?
I have a 2013 Premium edition and yes, my phone via Bluetooth connects seamlessly with having to do anything. Leaving the on screen mode to "Bluetooth" on the cars screen, I just set my phone in the wireless charging cradle I have for it and it'll start streaming Spotify within less than a minute, same with phone calls. Both the phone and car remember the Bluetooth connection settings. When a call comes in, it automatically connects.
Even if you're using CD's, satellite, FM or whatever, your phone will still connect. It will also keep the sound level of whichever mode you were in, e.g., FM, satellite, etc..
Also, it's a little tricky but you can switch phones for phone calls without switching out your phone for music.

So the short answer is if you have a Premium edition of any year, you can seamlessly connect your phone for phone calls and music.

I've even set up the phone to watch movies (whilst parked...) and have the sound come through the ML stereo. It's pretty cool even looking at a small screen but being able to listen to the movie in big audio!

@r2m: Your ML will play DVDs on the screen when parked too.
Wow! Didn't know that! Seriously I didn't, I guess because I never tried.
(by the way, what's a DVD, is that kind of like a CD thingy of the last century??) :rofl:

Wow! Didn't know that! Seriously I didn't, I guess because I never tried.
(by the way, what's a DVD, is that kind of like a CD thingy of the last century??) :rofl:
Parking Brake needs to be on btw, not just parked. Queue walmart $1 dvd's while on trips.

I haven't done this myself but a cheap temp bypass for lockout changes with OEM nav.

Reactions: r2m
I'm primarily a Pandora BT streamer to OEM head unit on my '12 and backup to USB thumb drive when out of signal range.
I used to use Pandora, then my daughter put us on a Spodify family plan that she pays for, so we dropped Pandora.
With Spotify you can download your music list of off line streaming, no need for thumb drives, which I too kept in the ashtray in case we lost signal.

Being lazy I didn't really want to have to learn a new music app so I pushed off Spotify for a long time but now I really like it. Only thing I miss is that Neil Young is pissed off with Spotify and removed ALL his music. But I can live with that.
My only issue is if you don't like a song, it's not as easy as a single button thumbs up/down, one needs to remove the song from the list. But again, I don't know all the nuances of Spotify and maybe doing it the long/wrong way. :meh:

I haven't done this myself but a cheap temp bypass for lockout changes with OEM nav.

Do you have to flip the rocker back after 30 sec's or does it revert back by itself? If it reverts back to the default, wonder why a momentary button switch wouldn't work?
Not sure what the purpose of a latching switch rocker switch is for??
If you've done this Acrad, can you detail how it works?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom