Colorado plans Silverton July 22nd-26th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just going to start a separate thread for those HIHX participants still planning on going to Silverton and who might want to meet up for trail days. @ga12r1 @atnolan94 @DirtDawg @abuck99 and I will be starting our trip in Salida. I will arrive on the 17th and stay through the 21st before heading down to Silverton with the gang for the "traditional" HIH dates. Anyone is welcome to join us.

We will likely be camping in different places around Silverton. We could easily schedule meet up locations and times for people to join on the trail runs. I'm planning on running ALL of the trails this year as they should all be open (Black Bear is thawing quick and Imogene is almost entirely clear already).

In summary, this is just an informal, loose grouping of enthusiasts. When we are all in Silverton, please refrain from mentioning anything HIH/Hundreds In The Hills as this is in no way affiliated with that event, cancelled or otherwise. Chris and Stan have built up significant good will under that moniker and we don't want anything to occur that might damage that.

~Gary

Last edited:
I plan on meeting up with @geanes on the 17th and I believe I'll have @aaronrules with me and @Sargy will be joining up with us that day too.

This year is gonna be a blast!

Hoping to run the Alpine Loop with my buddy, but keep the thread updated on your Salida plans as well could maybe hit a trail locally with y'all.

Just going to start a separate thread for those HIHX participants still planning on going to Silverton and who might want to meet up for trail days. @ga12r1 @atnolan94 @DirtDawg @abuck99 and I will be starting our trip in Salida. I will arrive on the 17th and stay through the 21st before heading down to Silverton with the gang for the "traditional" HIH dates. Anyone is welcome to join us.

We will likely be camping in different places around Silverton. We could easily schedule meet up locations and times for people to join on the trail runs. I'm planning on running ALL of the trails this year as they should all be open (Black Bear is thawing quick and Imogene is almost entirely clear already).

Awesome idea. Plan on staying one night in Salida (19th) then three nights in Ouray, and 3 at Molas Lake. Will be using GMRS

We should be arriving in Silverton on July 21st, and departing on July 28th.

ill be in telluride starting the 18th. Will be renting a house there through the 22nd and plan was to camp and run trails through the weekend.

We could easily schedule meet up locations and times for people to join on the trail runs.

Thanks Gary. I hope to get there maybe Weds night or Thursday for a few days. I'll just look for the rigs. Tell @atnolan94 @DirtDawg @abuck99 that I'll stay off Poughkeepsie if they prefer.

I still have the vacation time scheduled. I will be watching this thread for to see if I can link up.

I'll be in Silverton (or very nearby) from July 22nd - July 26th with my family of 5 (kids age 5, 6, and 9). Tentatively, we're planning to camp a night on the way from Colorado Springs, and probably another night on the 27th near Black Canyon. We have two nights booked in Silverton at a hotel and will be camping the rest.

Likely going to try for 2-3 trail days and 2 days exploring, hiking, in town. I'll have GMRS (preferred) and CB. No HAM.

I hope to be able to meet up with some folks for the trail days!

I’m going to roll with @ga12r1 into Salida. Has anybody reserved any camping spots around the Silverton area?

Thanks Gary. Connor @DirtDawg and I will be getting to Slaida on the 19th to camp with everyone up there (i know getting in late for a number of reasons).

On the 20th Connor and I are Running Chinman Gulch. For those of you who aren't afraid to scratch up your stuff, you are welcome to join. It gets pretty hairy back there in a few spots. Would recommend, sliders, bumpers, and a winch to run this one. The rest of the crew will roll with Gary to whatever he has planned that day.

We of course will reconvene the evening of the 20th for our last night at camp in Salida and will hit the road for silverton on the 21st!

Looking forward to it guys!

Thanks Gary. Connor @DirtDawg and I will be getting to Slaida on the 19th to camp with everyone up there (i know getting in late for a number of reasons).

On the 20th Connor and I are Running Chinman Gulch. For those of you who aren't afraid to scratch up your stuff, you are welcome to join. It gets pretty hairy back there in a few spots. Would recommend, sliders, bumpers, and a winch to run this one. The rest of the crew will roll with Gary to whatever he has planned that day.

We of course will reconvene the evening of the 20th for our last night at camp in Salida and will hit the road for silverton on the 21st!

Who’s ready for a few battle scars? :steer:

Last edited:
This is a great idea! I will be hitting Silverton on Monday 7/20 with the spouse. We have never been there before, don't know where anything is, and don't want to ride trails alone. Would love to hook up with some people. Have GMRS, not CB this time.

Feel free to pm if you want to. Looking forward to it!

Anyone interested in a Chinaman run? 😈

Edit: nevermind I should read all the posts first ha!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom