Cody's trip east with dad in the HD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok. It's hot. So we're gonna. Follow the blue ridge parkway and head up to like Pensilvania. Then over to Washington then follow the coast down then hit the start of I-10

Should be sweet. Well start the Saturday8-4 and end on a Saturday 8-11. Any suggestions and have to see places are welcome. :).

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

civil war sites along the way
Vietnam memorial
kitty hawk
outer islands before they are gone
oh! and if ya make it to DC leave an eviction notice at the White house 4 U NO WHO !

That'll be a great trip Ought to order that rooftop tent and you'd be set with palace

That'd be sweet, but we're going in the GMC Sierra HD, I know we can get one for that, but it still isn't a nice matrices.

The white house is a NO; I really don't care to go see it right now,

I'm thinking of maybe spending a day at one of the museums, i.e. Smithsonian, or something. Then probably supper with my Uncle in PA, and a couple stops here and there, I'm gonna do more "planning" next week/ this weekend... :D

I'm thinking of seeing if MUD has a place for trip planning( I know where to look, just to lazy at moment.), and maybe seeing what other "locals" along the way say is awesome. Plus I know there are a couple cruiser clubs along the way. There is also a BIG Cub Cadet junkyard (kinda like our Specter for cruisers) and I've always said I wanted to check him out, if I ever made it up that way... :D Dad said we could even do some wheeling along the way, I said yeah, we could even get some sliders before. He comes back I do. I said, Yeah you've got damage multiplyers... :D

So we might have to do some "scenic" trails. I'm thinking of trying to find a camper shell quickly that'll fit the truck, so it's covered in the bed.. :D

I just had an appifony. :D

I remembered reading about a RC Truck show in Indianapolis IL and we'll be "closer' than normal. But it's on the 17-19th. Dang, the 20th school starts again, so I can't miss that... Dang, that would have been AWESOME.

Thanks
Cody

elephants 88 FJ62 said:
Ok. It's hot. So we're gonna. Follow the blue ridge parkway and head up to like Pensilvania. Then over to Washington then follow the coast down then hit the start of I-10

Should be sweet. Well start the Saturday8-4 and end on a Saturday 8-11. Any suggestions and have to see places are welcome. :).

That's an awesome trip I could fill your week in just DC.

Sugarland visitor center, watch the 20 min film free, and see the museum
http://www.tennesseerivervalleygeotourism.org/content/sugarlands-visitor-center/ten2C37671FC4C00A413

Cherokee Museum on the other side of the MTN, also you'll pass the Oconaluftee visitor center right before your get into Cherokee. my kids were there today.
http://www.cherokeemuseum.org/

Biltmore Estate, Asheville, NC
http://www.biltmore.com/

DC, Washington and Lincoln Monument, Capital and White House, US Mint
Air & Space Museum
http://airandspace.si.edu/

The Vietnam Wall
http://www.nps.gov/vive/index.htm

Liberty Bell in Philly
http://www.visitphilly.com/history/philadelphia/the-liberty-bell-center/

Chesapeake Bay area Baltimore, harbor area is awesome

Just a few to think about :)

Last edited:
That's an awesome trip I could fill your week in just DC.

Sugarland visitor center, watch the 20 min film free, and see the museum
Sugarlands Visitor Center

Cherokee Museum on the other side of the MTN, also you'll pass the Oconaluftee visitor center right before your get into Cherokee. my kids were there today.
The Museum of the Cherokee Indian

Biltmore Estate, Asheville, NC
Vacations at America's Largest Home in Asheville, NC| Biltmore

DC, Washington and Lincoln Monument, Capital and White House, US Mint
Air & Space Museum
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum

The Vietnam Wall
Vietnam Veterans Memorial National Memorial - Vietnam Veterans Memorial

Liberty Bell in Philly
The Liberty Bell Center Philadelphia — visitphilly.com

Chesapeake Bay area Baltimore, harbor area is awesome

Just a few to think about :)

Mount Mitchell is the highest peak of the Appalachian Mountains, bring a good camera so you can influence me to go next year ;)
Mount Mitchell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trip Advisor 20 must things to see on the Parkway
20 Things You Must See When Driving The Blue Ridge Parkway - TripAdvisor

The best camera we've got is my cannon. I'll use urs if ya want.

elephants 88 FJ62 said:
The best camera we've got is my cannon. I'll use urs if ya want.

That should work bud, if you wanted to rent a good DSLR to get those high quality shots these folks rent some nice equipment. Scroll down the Rebel and 60D are decent prices. Without the expense of buying :)

http://www.borrowlenses.com/category/canon_bodies

There's also lensrentals.com. They're in TN (I know Larry appreciates that) and I use them all the time. In fact, I have some gear showing up tomorrow that I'll be shooting with on Sunday, causing me to miss the LLK meeting at Twin Peaks in BTR this Sunday.

Frey said:
There's also lensrentals.com. They're in TN (I know Larry appreciates that) and I use them all the time. In fact, I have some gear showing up tomorrow that I'll be shooting with on Sunday, causing me to miss the LLK meeting at Twin Peaks in BTR this Sunday.

Very cool and good prices too, gonna save that one thanks Mike :)

Well thought i had updated. Guess not.

We're heading towards atlanta. Charlston. Savannah. Jacksonville. If any body needs anything that we can help with. Let me know.

The pa trip woulda been like 5500 miles. To much for one week.

y`all have a safe trip now ya hear!:)

X2 y'all have a GREAT time and safe trip Cody :)

No pics yet ??? Gotta be some cool road trip pics by now :hmm: :rolleyes: :lol:

Dang. I had replies this morning. :(

We stopped at the world of coke. I tasted 64 diff coke products from around the world. Germans coke is horrible.

We tortured the aquarium. It's the worlds largest.

(stone mountain) We rode the gondola up the 850'mnt. Then took " the most boring train trip ever" said dad. It was about 30 min to go around it. Somebody put 4 bricks at diff areas along the track.

We went back to the aquarium to do a swim with the boluga whale thing where we got to stand on a ledge and feed pet rub the whales and play with some otters. Awesome. We thought about doing a swim with the dolphins but I can't see without my glasses and my px googles don't work anymore.

image-2271243005.jpg

image-1430935177.jpg

image-2287137317.jpg

image-3440330698.jpg

image-218956735.jpg

image-643409034.jpg

image-946417005.jpg

image-3907856978.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics Cody looks like ya'll are having a great trip so far, I hope the weather is holding out for you to enjoy it :)

Great pics Cody looks like ya'll are having a great trip so far, I hope the weather is holding out for you to enjoy it :)

what he said!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom