Cobb County GA Land Cruiser Meetup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it. That is a good spot but who owns it? Isn’t there a building on Kennesaw Due West, is it still unoccupied? I haven’t been in that area in the last year or so. I’d hate to have the city or county kick us out for trespassing.

I like it. That is a good spot but who owns it? Isn’t there a building on Kennesaw Due West, is it still unoccupied? I haven’t been in that area in the last year or so. I’d hate to have the city or county kick us out for trespassing.

It appears that there is over 5 acres that are for sale (between the new'ish construction on 41 down to the office build that has never been occupied since it was built). That area is always occupied when ever there are fireworks in Kennesaw or nearby, and no one ever gets a second look from the police. Why would a meet-n-greet within social distancing guidelines and non-stupid behavior be any different?

Mykel,
FYI I went back to double check. It is not posted for trespassing, so appears that it is not a concern for the owners.

I am close by

Mykel,
FYI I went back to double check. It is not posted for trespassing, so appears that it is not a concern for the owners.
Cool. Thanks for double checking. When is the get together? I’d like to meet you guys.

Cool. Thanks for double checking. When is the get together? I’d like to meet you guys.

Maybe the question is when/what do you want?

My $0.02 is;
Target a Saturday, 1730-2000. This would put us allow us to meet during daylight while the sun and temps are dropping.
Hit the drive thru at Culvers (snack, meal, desert,...) then park in the grass.
Walk around envious of the great Cruisers that the others own with some distance appropriate chatting

To give time to build interest and get kitchens passes approved … Would 13June or 20June be viable choices?? What works for all?
[Every Saturday night? lol]

Ugh I am out of town both of those dates. Bummed I will miss it

Those dates work for me. I am only 10 minutes from that location.
Maybe the question is when/what do you want?

My $0.02 is;
Target a Saturday, 1730-2000. This would put us allow us to meet during daylight while the sun and temps are dropping.
Hit the drive thru at Culvers (snack, meal, desert,...) then park in the grass.
Walk around envious of the great Cruisers that the others own with some distance appropriate chatting

To give time to build interest and get kitchens passes approved … Would 13June or 20June be viable choices?? What works for all?
[Every Saturday night? lol]
June 20 works for me, I have a swap meet in Young Harris on the calendar for the 13. It may be canceled but it’s an excuse to head north, right?

I had noticed that grass field before. Stopped by yesterday afternoon and I agree that it is a great spot. I can make June 20th work for sure.
9DC07D48-2205-4EAF-8517-F71F20769212.jpeg

I had noticed that grass field before. Stopped by yesterday afternoon and I agree that it is a great spot. I can make June 20th work for sure. View attachment 2324835

Excellent.
Thanks for the picture of your truck. Not only is it a great looking Cruiser, but you captured Kennesaw Mtn and Lil Kennesaw in the background.

If there is interest ....
The open field in Kennesaw is still available. Of note, the area I mowed behind Culvers is frequently in use. [Over-the-road truckers frequently park big rigs there on the weekends, plus a road construction company use it as a staging area while they work on 41] However, the bank (savings & trust) to the east of Culvers has closed resulting unused parking space. Additionally, there is open field adjacent to the bank that can be mowed. Bottom line, possibly a better fit for a meet-n-greet.

Last year, we met in the afternoon and it seemed too hot with the peak sun position. Would a late afternoon or autumn timing be a better?

Thoughts?

Both sound good to me- it would be nice to do a parts swap while we’re at it, I need to clean the garage a bit

I agree with this! Lets do it

What dates would work for you? Also, is your preference the parking lot exclusively or have some of the field mowed to offer a dirt option?

FYI I mowed ~1/2 acre to the east side of the bank this afternoon before the belt on the mower broke. Can definitely increase that foot print or dirt/grass.

What dates would work for you? Also, is your preference the parking lot exclusively or have some of the field mowed to offer a dirt option?

FYI I mowed ~1/2 acre to the east side of the bank this afternoon before the belt on the mower broke. Can definitely increase that foot print or dirt/grass
It doesn’t matter to me. Either option will work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom