Cobb County GA Land Cruiser Meetup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

** SAVE THE DATE **

Great day yesterday thanks to Jack for organizing it!!

I counted nearly 30 trucks even though a bit of rain and cold conditions. Several people contacted me and said they forgot about it or failed to put the date on their calendar and wanted to know when the next one was. If there is interest I will take the lead on the next one. I think quarterly meetings of the unofficial "Pavement Pounders" with varied locations would be great.

I propose next one to be: May 2nd with a rain date of May 9th. I have a location in mind (HJ Wings & Things) in Sharpsburg/Newnan, GA. There is a large parking area where we could all park together, its just off I-85 south, great food. Another plus is if you want to bring children and they get bored there is a: Starlight Fund Center, in the same parking lot within walking distance.

Of course I will take Jack's lead of: If you drive a land cruiser first beer is on me.

To keep everyone up to date and to start an "unofficial" group please send me your name and email to: wadesters@bellsouth.net

Any ideas or suggestion appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris Wade
Marked the date on my calendar.

I had a good time yesterday and got to meet a lot of Cuisers and see a lot of people.

I had a great time yesterday and it was really nice meeting everyone

How did this thread move to this forum ?

How did this thread move to this forum ?
Ultimately it was woody that moved it. I asked him for our own section so that we didn't step on the toes of GA Cruisers too much.

** SAVE THE DATE **

Great day yesterday thanks to Jack for organizing it!!

I counted nearly 30 trucks even though a bit of rain and cold conditions. Several people contacted me and said they forgot about it or failed to put the date on their calendar and wanted to know when the next one was. If there is interest I will take the lead on the next one. I think quarterly meetings of the unofficial "Pavement Pounders" with varied locations would be great.

I propose next one to be: May 2nd with a rain date of May 9th. I have a location in mind (HJ Wings & Things) in Sharpsburg/Newnan, GA. There is a large parking area where we could all park together, its just off I-85 south, great food. Another plus is if you want to bring children and they get bored there is a: Starlight Fund Center, in the same parking lot within walking distance.

Of course I will take Jack's lead of: If you drive a land cruiser first beer is on me.

To keep everyone up to date and to start an "unofficial" group please send me your name and email to: wadesters@bellsouth.net

Any ideas or suggestion appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris Wade
Now I just wish Newnan wasn't 3+ hours from Thomasville.

Ultimately it was woody that moved it. I asked him for our own section so that we didn't step on the toes of GA Cruisers too much.

I think we need to all just get along

I think we need to all just get along
While I don’t disagree, ther have been many that didn’t want an official type of dues paying car club with a board of directors. This way there are both.

Last edited:
Or 2 hours from Jasper! Hey I'm from Thomasville, was just down there with my cruiser a couple weeks ago helping Mom get moved. Next time I'm down there, I'll ping you.
Please do.
We're normally around the shop (Odd Iron Off Road) most Saturday's. There are quite a few Cruisers in the local area including a number of 70 Series.

Last edited:
Please do.
We're normally around the shop (Odd Iron Off Road) most Saturday's. There are quite a few Cruisers in the local area including a number of rare 70 Series.

Hell I should have come by last time I was there. Maybe you could help with my 2nd gear issue. I stopped by the Toyota dealership and they took a look, didn't tell me anything helpful. But there were some seriously interesting 40s parked in there, so I guess the stop was worthwhile.

Hell I should have come by last time I was there. Maybe you could help with my 2nd gear issue. I stopped by the Toyota dealership and they took a look, didn't tell me anything helpful. But there were some seriously interesting 40s parked in there, so I guess the stop was worthwhile.
The owner of that Toyota dealership has a huge collection of 40 Series and only a small fraction of his collection are on the showroom floor. He has an off-site warehouse full of them. :)
We've given some thought to seeing if he would host a local get-together in his warehouse.

The owner of that Toyota dealership has a huge collection of 40 Series and only a small fraction of his collection are on the showroom floor. He has an off-site warehouse full of them. :)
We've given some thought to seeing if he would host a local get-together in his warehouse.

Say the word and I'll make the trip down there. Planning on a trip in the next couple months anyway, easy enough to bring the cruiser.

I did not realize Thomasville was nearly 5 hours from me.
One of my daughters visited Berry College some years ago and while I don't remember the actual driving time,
I do remember it being a long drive.

If this happens I will try to show up. I bought my 200 series from this dealer. I was told he had 17 more early Land Cruisers that were not on display. The ones in the showroom were nicer than when they were new.

If this happens I will try to show up. I bought my 200 series from this dealer. I was told he had 17 more early Land Cruisers that were not on display. The ones in the showroom were nicer than when they were new.
I've got a call into the owner and hopefully he will call back shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom