Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2007 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

eeeeew.... storms and hail?!?

yuck.
It just dropped about an inch of rain here and it looks like there's more to come.
noaa.org says T-storms until 11pm with hail.... yes... hail....
t-storms tomorrow as well

<edit> just checked again and *hail* has been removed, they are also calling for sunny tomorrow now...... :rolleyes: I don't think they have any idea what the weathers going to be

hope we don't get all that business... below is the current situation. More coming from the West
weather.jpg

Chris, Did you want to just meet up at the camp site or meet at the gas station and drive into the camp site together ?

Chris...FWIW as an old fart original zoom splat pilot, when my eldest was in the oven...I endeavored to sell my 78 Kaw Z1R TC. A guy came to look at it. He took off like he was catapaulted off the flight deck. I sat on the porch listened to the sweet sounds of my turbocharged 1,000cc scooter as he rocketed down the 4 lane not far from the house. When he returned....he was all a flutter and wanted it bad. I had to tell him that I changed my mind...that was 1988. It is sitting in the basement to this day...I sold the turbo for a quick $1k and it is now regularly aspirated....really stupid move on my part. The only real moral to this story is..yes it is a wise idea to take off the helmet for your kids future ...no regrets there...but if the $'s are not needed...it's OK too keep it in suspended animation until such a time when it feels right to get back on.

And BTW... I'm with you on the HD thing....the last ride on my bike was from a friends house in Annapolis up to Philly in 1988. He was buying a few HD and selling them at a decent profit to some German buyers. I took a Fat Bob he had out for a little ride. I cracked the throttle, what a god awful racket was heard. After what seemed like an ear shattering eternity...I look down to see I was only topping 50 mph. I couldn't wait to get off that POS. I understand and respect why some people love them...but they are not for me either. See everyone Friday at CMCC.

Todd,
At the moment money is the only reason I am considering selling it. With the cash I can build my rig to really break stuff. I won't be giving up riding forever, it's too far into my blood. With the baby on the way and a new house at the end of the month it is the only way I can get some cash to play right now.

Matt,

I think it would be :cool: to roll in as a group. We could meet at the gas station or we could meet at rausch and get paid and signed up before the crowds. I would rather pay and go to camp, then we are ready to roll.

I like the idea of paying first also... What time should we meet at Rausch ? 7:00am ? or sooner ? let me know..

P.S. Just my two pennies on the riding thing... I do'nt have a crouchrocket anymore but I still have my license for down the road..I still have it in my blood to ride again...

I'm gonna call Jeff tomorrow to see what time they get going in the morning. I don't want to sit around for and hour and a half again. I think 7 or 7:30 would be good. Worst case you me and Brooks can go play.

Anyone else going up saturday besides the 3 of us?

I'm gonna call Jeff tomorrow to see what time they get going in the morning. I don't want to sit around for and hour and a half again. I think 7 or 7:30 would be good. Worst case you me and Brooks can go play.

Anyone else going up saturday besides the 3 of us?

I'm with you in agreement, we wasted to much time last trip out:eek:

I'll check in tomorrow...

I left a message on Jeff's cell, waiting to hear back. Unless I post again tonight we will meet at Rausch Between 7 and 7:30, check in, then go to the camp.

Jeff said that people will be going to rausch around 8. Soooo we can get there earlier if you want to go to the camp of get there later if you want to just wheel. I will leave that up to you guys.

Jeff said that people will be going to rausch around 8. Soooo we can get there earlier if you want to go to the camp of get there later if you want to just wheel. I will leave that up to you guys.

We are planning at being at Rausch at 7:00 , we can money up, then go down to camp and go with the group..Hows that sound...my cell #717-554-7631

Last edited:
Here's a few. The first is Jason at yellow jacket, then Burl at trail 8, then Bob at tombstone. And yes, Burl tossed his shirt as soon as we hit the campground.
DSC01314.jpg
DSC01320.jpg
DSC01335.jpg

It was a great event... thanks to Mike S. and the GCLCNY crew.

Here are a couple pics.. I wasn't the most aggressive wheeler as I mostly showed my buddy around to all the insurmountables (that he surmounted;)) the entire time... but, Bob and I hit some cool newer rock gardens one day:beer:

CMCCBob00001.jpg

CMCCJ500001.jpg

Hey Matt,

Grab a hold of Brooks and shake him till he posts those videos. Or at least e-mail me them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom