Classic "ran when I parked it.", New project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this
IMG_20191130_121338.jpg
IMG_20191130_120702.jpg
IMG_20191130_120734.jpg
IMG_20191130_120755.jpg
IMG_20191130_121355.jpg

Congrats!

What year?

Claimed 1972, no title 73 emissions sticker under the hood. Needs a lot of love but the frame is in good condition, body is solid at the mounting points, comes with awesome diamond plate aluminum sides :censor: and a stop sign covering a hole in the driver's floor. Turns over but the gas is trash and it sputtered on ether. It has a Weber carb and looks like a set of long tube headers.

Plan would be to get it running and eventually road worthy. Originally a red truck that was painted forest green (probably an Earl Schieb paint job) a long time ago. We shall see

I've wanted one of these since I was a kid and am beyond stoked to get it! I know next to nothing about these but a quick under hood peek, seems to be simple along the lines of an advanced VW bug

@brian is correct, and is also a wealth of 40 knowledge. He’s not the only one in our club who is well versed in 40’s.

I’d wager almost any question you have, can be answered by a club member.

interesting mix of parts added.
if it has an h42, they went so far as to add the 4spd instruction plate the glove box door.
has the one pc hood and the "new for '73" dash....whats under the hood, F or 2F?

interesting mix of parts added.
if it has an h42, they went so far as to add the 4spd instruction plate the glove box door.
has the one pc hood and the "new for '73" dash....whats under the hood, F or 2F?
I have no idea. I'm hoping to pick it up Wednesday and look at it more closely. My background is air-cooled vws and my E30. I have a LOT to learn about the fj40

Interesting. I've noticed all the trucks seem to have them "upside-down " are we sure it shouldn't be that way. :p
Which bezel are we referring to?

Gotcha. Never would've noticed it haha

You’ll notice it now on every 40 that has it installed upside down.

It might even be the first thing you look for when you see a 40!

I found a second 40 sitting forlorn in the woods by a strip mall yesterday coming home from the grocery store. Bezel was installed correctly. Trying to figure out how to save this one too

I found a second 40 sitting forlorn in the woods by a strip mall yesterday coming home from the grocery store. Bezel was installed correctly. Trying to figure out how to save this one too

Might make a good parts truck...

Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom