Christo Slee's disjointed comment and pictures Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just polishing a turd kids...
2 too many cylinders.
2 (arguably 8) too many spark plugs.

:D

Great work as always Christo!

We are not running a hi pinion diff, so the tie-rod will not clear the diff. Also we want to run our hi-steer arms to get the angles of the steering better.

As for bumper, busy designing a new front bumper for 100 series.

Hopefully 12K winch compatible, integral recovery hooks and high clearance/low overhang...just my personal wish list ;) .

Yes, but with what motor :( I think this is easier that a 2UZFE swap into an 80 :D

It might stay green for now. Cost and time is not on our side for a full paintjob.

On the motor, probably right, need to get the 4.5 and turbo it, rather than the 1HZZZzzzzzzzzzz

As for the paint job, surely shouldnt take long, a good roller for the main panels, and a 4" brush for the fine details and pinstripes?

:princess:

ill pay for the paintjob if i can have the truck, lol. Emmmm slee front bumper.....that makes me smile. Now i really need to wait on bumpers.

Hopefully 12K winch compatible, integral recovery hooks and high clearance/low overhang...just my personal wish list ;) .

You might not get all of them. The 12k kills the deal. I am looking at the Warn powerplant thought. I might have a very rough prototype on the truck for Moab. We are doing Ultimate Adventure in June and Warn is a big sponsor, so I am hoping to get my hands on the Powerplant to incorporate it in the design.

On the motor, probably right, need to get the 4.5 and turbo it, rather than the 1HZZZzzzzzzzzzz

I do have a turbo for the 2uzfe in stock, but when I suggested that Joe install it before Moab, he threw me out of the shop. :D

As for the paint job, surely shouldnt take long, a good roller for the main panels, and a 4" brush for the fine details and pinstripes?

:princess:
Ah, but you forgot the 55 gallon drum of bondo I need as well. :grinpimp: Honestly this trucks body will be a little rough. Next one we will make pretty.

$'s for a swap? We are keeping track (read Scary) but we will know what it takes when we are done.

The meaning of "Scary" do depend on who the UZJ 100 driver is.

- scary of draining his kid's future college account.
- scary of living in a smaller house with one car garage.
- scary of seeing his wife's sharp nails.
- scary of _______________________.

Cheers,

You might not get all of them. The 12k kills the deal. I am looking at the Warn powerplant thought. I might have a very rough prototype on the truck for Moab. We are doing Ultimate Adventure in June and Warn is a big sponsor, so I am hoping to get my hands on the Powerplant to incorporate it in the design.

Christo...as you probably know the 9.5XP does a commendable job on a loaded 100 in all but the most difficult pulls (I have used mine a couple of times just to get a "nudge"...and no big deal even on the outer layer of rope).

I am curious how the 100 will do with the air blockage (or what appears to be a significant reduction in the air flow to the radiator/A/C) the Powerplant presents.

OBTW: Kudos to you and your crew for pushing the hundy envelope state-side :beer: .

This is a very exciting build! Christo, in your opinion, what is the minimum amount of lift (in inches) needed for an SAS 100 using the same axle you've chosen.

Christo...as you probably know the 9.5XP does a commendable job on a loaded 100 in all but the most difficult pulls (I have used mine a couple of times just to get a "nudge"...and no big deal even on the outer layer of rope).

I am curious how the 100 will do with the air blockage (or what appears to be a significant reduction in the air flow to the radiator/A/C) the Powerplant presents.

OBTW: Kudos to you and your crew for pushing the hundy envelope state-side :beer: .

I don' think the powerplant will be an issue. With the 100, the winch sits between the frame rails. However we will see when we get the dimensions.

Hoser, we are running our six inch springs in the front and 7.5" in the rear. It all depends on how much travel you want. We have about 5" up in the front. Amazingly the diff is not the clearance problem, but the axle tubes on the frame as well as all the panhard mounts etc.

All that said, we expect it to drive really well since the panhard and draglink has very little angle at ride height due to the use of the hi-steer arms.

better start planning your "Featured 100" thread ... ! :)

IT"S ALIVE. Well, it is off the lift and driving. :D
100sas7.jpg

Lets see...

I left the wife... sold off all my worldly possessions... got a second job... and I am now renting a studio apartment....

OK, I am ready for you to start on my 100 Christo :D

Honestly, that pic is the LAST thing I needed to see right now !!

( Hmmm... I could always ride a bicycle to both jobs... Damn ! ) :crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom