Christmas lights in high humidity/fog? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Whenever there is alot of humidity or fog I intermittently get christmas lights on my dash (4lo, traction, 2 more). What can be the culprit?

I put gas in car tonight and it went away. I have been driving 1/4 tank all week. My friend is arguing with me that the EGR problem is related to filling gas with car on. Any gurus can you please comment? Will EGR problems start by filling gas in car while it is running?

I had a situation once in my 100 where starter failed at gas station while pumping gas. Since then I usually fill gas with car on.

I put gas in car tonight and it went away. I have been driving 1/4 tank all week. My friend is arguing with me that the EGR problem is related to filling gas with car on. Any gurus can you please comment? Will EGR problems start by filling gas in car while it is running?

I had a situation once in my 100 where starter failed at gas station while pumping gas. Since then I usually fill gas with car on.
That’s odd. I don’t think I have ever turned mine off while fueling From 2011 to 2023 and never had any issue.

Fueling your gasoline truck while the engine is running can and will eventually cause an emissions related engine code.

Reset the code, shut your car off from now on while fueling, and report back in two weeks.

Fueling your gasoline truck while the engine is running can and will eventually cause an emissions related engine code.

Reset the code, shut your car off from now on while fueling, and report back in two weeks.

It went away today after installing new gas cap (ridicously tight), resetting codes and stopping from pumping gas while car on for 1-2 weeks. My question is will I need to keep car off or can I go back to my original method of leaving car running while pumping gas. It started in blistering cold chicago winters where fingers would would get frostbite pumping gas. When that showed no problem, slowly I would keep car on in other cold days, eventually leaving it on in summer too as I liked listening to music while I waited for gas to fillup.

Keep the car shut-off during fueling.

Keep a pair of gloves with you during winter months.

FYI I have done this 10+ years across 300k+ miles on my 100/200 with no issues until now. It just feels so strange to me after a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom