Chi tuning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I have rebuild engine new turbo I am not a mechanic but last engine blow out due to fuel contamination and two injectors down but factory said its km anyway I spend $20000 now little sluggish I was thinking to use recurve module chip tuning it's got five maps including factory settings and power and towing is that safe? I don't want to distroy my rig any helpful advice highly appreciated.

Sounds like you have a VDFTV engine in your 200. The Uni-Chip X is what you might want to look into as one option they offer has 5 different settings/tunes you are able to switch between. The Uni-Chip X will require tunes to be made by a qualified tuner who knows these engines. That will help reduce the chances of engine issues and failure from tune and boost/fuel tune levels.

What symptoms did it have before being rebuilt? Was it sluggish before getting rebuilt? Injectors having issues can cause major damage and I understand the VDFTV is fairly fuel quality sensitive meaning it doesn’t work well(as is at all) with contaminated diesel or water in diesel.

Hope this helps a little.

Check out the 200 series Facebook group, the Australian guys have a wealth of knowledge of these engines and related.

Sounds like you have a VDFTV engine in your 200. The Uni-Chip X is what you might want to look into as one option they offer has 5 different settings/tunes you are able to switch between. The Uni-Chip X will require tunes to be made by a qualified tuner who knows these engines. That will help reduce the chances of engine issues and failure from tune and boost/fuel tune levels.

What symptoms did it have before being rebuilt? Was it sluggish before getting rebuilt? Injectors having issues can cause major damage and I understand the VDFTV is fairly fuel quality sensitive meaning it doesn’t work well(as is at all) with contaminated diesel or water in diesel.

Hope this helps a little.

Check out the 200 series Facebook group, the Australian guys have a wealth of knowledge of these engines and related.
Hi thanks for replying I had few visit to dealership told me your engine 400000km needs new engine. The car was running normal code p1238 appeared 2 injectors then it was shaking most of the time then two piston rings broke undrivable. Then engine rebuilt but not sure he changed crankshaft or injector pump but all injectors was checked but two were not good and replaced. I was using ev throttle controller it was OK before rebuild . Now flat road it's OK no ev controller suddenly uphill I can't maintain the speed I start accelerate but car getting slower and slower. I don't want fix ev controller again I don't trust ev controller it confused ecu. Now i have done 10000km. He replaced radiator new turbo $3000 mark he said he cleaned egr intercooler etc he is genuine I know through religious background anyway I'll try different way thanks for your reply.
Thanks Ameen

Thank you for the added information. I’ve always been of the mindset to replace ALL injectors at the same time as a matter of principle. Seems like the engine might be suffering when under load which might mean it can’t breath well (EGR/intake clogged) or it could be that the little vacuum port at the back of the engine just below the intercooler has come off. Does it still have fault codes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom