checking pins in a connector (for cylinder misfires and MAF error codes) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is there a walk though on how to check pins in a connector?
also, i had a problem recently where i was getting cylinder misfires p03XX under heavy load with the ECT off (like only on long high hills on a long road trip).
anyway when i got back i didn't get any cylinder misfires but did start getting a p0110 error which has to do with the MAF. troubleshooting involved sticking paper clips into slots 3 and 4. then it turned into like p0100 code.
long story short is that after sticking pins in these terminals and then clearing the code the error code seems to have gone away (it's about a week now).
actually now that i think about it the diagnostic indicated the temp reading was incorrect and i was supposed to then check between the connector and the computer now that i think about it. meaning the temp reading when testing at the MAF connector was not good so then i needed to stick pins into the computer end of things to test there but the code hasn't come back. so i guess now i am wondering if the issue was AT the connection?
so i started wondering if it's possible that a connector was "too bent" or something and i somehow "unbent it".
then i started wondering (1) if i can buy a kit and if so how you go about checking/fixing these and (2) is it possible that under heavy load with ECT off this harness is banging around causing a cylinder misfire and (3) does anyone know how to get a part number or have any photos for the plastic bit that is supposed to support this harness?
THANKS
IMG_3233.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom