Check Headlight System Warning after lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed ironman FCP on my son's 2014 Luxury. Removed the airbags and put the washers under the bracket for the headlight leveling and I am still getting both Check Headlight System and Check BSM System. Is there something else I am missing? I have searched and searched and cant figure this out.

No codes present with OBD scanner. Dont have Techstream. I turned off BSM so that warning is gone. Of course it would come back if turned on.

Is your AFS light on too? Ever since my lift I had my AFS light has been on and have not been able to fix it.
It doesn't ever bother me, but it's there flashing.

FYI: AFS only existed on 10-13 models with HIDs.

Were any wiring harnesses pushed around or anything temporarily disconnected?

You would need a OBD reader/softare that can see extended Toyota/Lexus codes like OBD Fusion or Link to pull codes.

Reactions: r2m
I did unplug both leveling sensors after install because I didnt have the washers and thought it might turn it off, but both warnings were already displayed and I hadnt disconnected them. Only other sensors disconnected were the ones going to front and rear shocks. I put washers under both passenger and driver side brackets. I used 7 washers on each bolt. It looks pretty level to me. I also tried removing the air sus fuses under hood and no change. Battery was disconnected while installing suspension and I have disconnected it after doing all of the washers etc.

If you can get some codes I can try to help further..

That BSM error is something else because that is totally separate system w/ECU and sensors in the extreme rear areas of the rear fenders. Black box below taillight. BSM wasn't offered until 2014

Pic from @Washingtontaco

image_5b47977ae93376d7c351e7adcf22862a78eca746.jpeg

Yeah it is weird. Definitely didnt touch anything near there. I will work on getting codes.

Ok here are the codes. I didnt notice the abs light on at first so that explains the first one, must have stretched the wire.

Screenshot_20240110_121604.jpg

On that B1856 have you unplugged the second row LH airbag connections or at some time in the past?

IMG_1972.jpeg

I’m curious if original errors on dash stick around once the speed sensor wire is repaired

On that B1856 have you unplugged the second row LH airbag connections or at some time in the past?

View attachment 3529898

I’m curious if original errors on dash stick around once the speed sensor wire is repaired
Ohhhhh I bet that had something to do with the airbag the dealer had to replace. Son just bought this about 3 months ago and had to go back within first week for airbag light and valley plate coolant leak. I ordered a new sensor wire should be here Friday.

Now I need to also figure out why the touchscreen/head unit turns on and off over and over. He apparently was just ignoring it because dealer wouldnt fix it. 🙃

Kids...

New abs wire solved everything except the B1856.

Any idea how to check the 2nd row airbag wiring?

Oh jeez. Popped off the plastic cover on the seat rail and there was the yellow airbag connector just unplugged. Bizarre.

Plugged it in and airbag light is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom