For Sale Cheapest way to ship tire+wheel from CA to NC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. LX570
Someone across the country is interested to buy my takeoff wheel+tires weighting 85lb each x5. What's the cheapest option to ship from CA to NC?

And can they be shipping without packaging? (like how tires are shipped)

Yes but you need to protect the wheels. Cut out cardboard pieces, put foam b/t the cardboard and the wheel, and wrap with moving plastic.

I had fully mounted rock warriors shipped to me. Had the label them individually but zero issue with UPS. Get quotes from PirateShip!

I had an offroad bumper and safari style roof rack shipped via greyhound but this was 10 years ago.

I would do my homework - I wonder if theft would be a concern, insurance, etc

May be worth looking at

I used uShip (yeah, like the show Shipping Wars) in November to get 5 mounted wheels& tires from Kansas to my house in Ohio.

It’s hit or miss. Takes time. If you, the seller, have the patience (tons of it), you can have your buyer make a listing on uShip or another LTL site.

On uShip, they make a listing, then answer questions and take bids from shippers. They’ll start out silly high ($2k+). Gotta wait like the entire week until the lower bids come in.

Then if they do hit and accept a low bid, then theyre at the mercy of when the driver can pick them up. I wasn’t picky and allowed mine to ride in the bed of a pickup for their 800 miles. I ended up giving $350 since it was an actual driver and not some broker.

I had hit a bid for $200 two weeks prior but the driver flaked out and ghosted the pickup date. Started the whole process over.

Put them on a pallet, banded and wrapped for protection and take to an LTL terminal.

Thanks for all the pointers. My buyer opted for uship and paid for $600. It was shipped in an enclosed trailer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom