Cheapest supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I have been doing some supercharger research and wanted to know where to buy the cheapest supercharger. With or without an inter cooler.
The best I have seen is just over 3 grand.
I know used would be the cheapest but they get bought up so quick!
Also can another brand be retro fitted for the 4.5 or would that probably end up being just as expensive.
Thanks

A Toyota TRD SC kit built for your truck will run between $3k and 4$ for an entire system, and was engineered for your engine.

This is the entire kit (sans intercooler) and you will not have to piece anything together. Otherwise, there are several threads on turbo systems that have been pieced together.

Good luck, let us know what you do!

Last edited:
I think I read recently that the TRD sc kits are no longer in stock.

Check with CDan at American Toyota in Albuquerque. Search CDan on Mud. He can give you the real news. They do go in and out of stock, and I don't know what the current status is, but the fact is that this is the easiest way to do what you want to do.

I think I read recently that the TRD sc kits are no longer in stock.
Heard same, but that another batch was in process of being produced.

I bought one a few years back & they have gone out of stock solidly once & I think twice since I had mine delivered.

Dan would be who I'd call, not just because he would know but he could also set you up with other parts you may not realize you needed or that would enhance your ~$3250 investment. Little stuff, ignition components - just whatever.

If you haven't changed/blown your headgasket, pre-emptive swap might be a good idea - or at least checking your coolant for grey sludge in the expansion tank or an oil sample off to Blackstone, just to not get hit with a $$$ surprise after you crack the piggybank on the blower. Just a suggestion, sorta the "build a house on a solid foundation" concept.

Do you have the rest of the engine & cooling system all squared away?

the cheapest S/C is one that comes already installed in the truck ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom