Cheap Tool-.58 cents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba said:
No problem Doug. Sent daughter out of town with the wife and son just to keep you and the streets you drove safe. Hope you spent lots of $$$ with the mouse for our tax base. :flipoff2:
I really can't tell you how much I spent in total while in the park. I was peeling off twenties like there's no tomorrow. I turned off the "OH MY GAWD, YOU'RE CHARGING THAT MUCH?" switch. Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich kid's meal? $6.99? Sure, no problem. $2.89 for a 20 oz. bottle of water? Here ya go...I'll take 4.

So...I can't tell you how much I spent because I really don't know...but I can assure you it was plenty. :crybaby:

NorCalDoug said:
I really can't tell you how much I spent in total while in the park. I was peeling off twenties like there's no tomorrow. I turned off the "OH MY GAWD, YOU'RE CHARGING THAT MUCH?" switch. Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich kid's meal? $6.99? Sure, no problem. $2.89 for a 20 oz. bottle of water? Here ya go...I'll take 4.

So...I can't tell you how much I spent because I really don't know...but I can assure you it was plenty. :crybaby:

I know what you mean. We used to have annual passes, but never, never at at the park for exactly this reason. The mouse and his house must make most of their profit from concessions. Thank you for your local contribution! :D

Do hope the kids had fun tho! Hard not to unless the lines were 2+ hours. At least Fast Pass helps!

NorCalDoug said:

Someone has to pay Mickeys, salary. I'm going to be digging deep in a few weeks for my two year olds birthday party-he wants to go to Disneyland for his birthday. :crybaby:, good thing I bought a few hundred shares of walt disney a few years ago makes me feel like I'm investing in myself.

It's easy enough to bring your own food inside...but it's not "fun" if you do that :rolleyes:

The kids did have fun -- which is the reason why I'm okay with throwing $$$ at Mickey and Minnie.

I will, however, NEVER...EVER go during the summer (when school is out) again. The crowds were horrible -- in quantity and quality. We found that it wasn't very crowded between 8AM and 10AM, so we hit as many rides as possible then. After that, we tried getting into the live shows and some of the less popular rides.

It was amazing though -- on Monday, by 10:30 AM, there was a 4 hour wait for Splash Mountain -- people were standing in line for 4 hours :eek: The Fast Pass wait for that ride was 70 minutes at that time and if you picked up a Fast Pass, the return time was between 7 and 8 hours later.

If they had a day where admission was double or triple the regular amount AND if all annual passes were void on that day, I'd gladly pay the triple admission if it meant a 3/4 reduction in crowds.

Biff said:
Someone has to pay Mickeys, salary. I'm going to be digging deep in a few weeks for my two year olds birthday party-he wants to go to Disneyland for his birthday. :crybaby:, good thing I bought a few hundred shares of walt disney a few years ago makes me feel like I'm investing in myself.
Of course he wants to have his party there...he gets in for free. :D They start charging admission at 3 years of age.

Picked up my lug wrenches from Kragen this evening.
They guy behind the counter did not know what to do with my order. He was amazed at the low price. But he told me he had seen pretty good deals on discontinued stuff. He said that last week he had purchased an 18V cordless drill for $4. Then he got the manager to figure my order out.

The manager looked up and down the store, then he went into the back room. There he found them. Printed and invoice with a copy. Made me sign one as taking delivery and that was that.

He told me that they do this kind of blowout promotions all the time. All you have to do is be there.

Biff, how did you find out abut this sale?

Regards

Alvaro

Safado said:

Save one for me... I got the email :(, and I ordered before some of the others... WTF?

How many spares you got? I might like two if you have an extra (one for the Tacoma too ;))

Biff, how did you find out abut this sale?

I saw a thread on another forum, figured I'd share with you guys.

I just ordered four for pickup at the local Schucks store. It would only let me order 2 at a time though.

WTF? You bastids cleaned them out again.. I only really need two of these can anyone hook me up? :D

Tried to do just 2 and got:
Your shopping cart
None of the items in your cart are currently available in our stores or warehouses. Please contact Customer Service at (877) 808-0698 - alternate items may be available that will meet your needs.

You'd think these were 20004 oil filters or someting.. :)

email from Parts America today - I ordered 10 on the 5th

"We want to tell you that your order has been processed and was shipped
today via Ground service.

Your order should arrive on or before 08/15/2005.
Please understand that arrival dates are estimates only.

Your updated order information appears below. Please contact us with any
questions or comments

Thank you again for making PartsAmerica.com your fastlane to automotive
expertise. We look forward to serving you again soon.

– PartsAmerica.com Customer Service"

Can someone explain to me how to get 11/16", 3/4", 13/16", 7/8", 17, 19, 21, & 23mm from two sockets? Or is this why they are selling them for 58 cents.

Tom

The two sockets are double sided. The end of the wrench fastens towards the center of the socket. Does that make sense? So there's 4 sizes right there. Below is the mathmatical conversion. I guess they figure it's close enough for lugnuts. I haven't actually used it yet.

11/16=17.27mm
3/4=19mm
13/16=20.54mm
7/8=22.09mm

I understand the double sided socket theory. The sockets are marked 17, 19, 21, and 23. Sure, they would probably work on SAE sizes but generally tool companies don't market their metric tools as fitting SAE sizes.

Tom

Yeah, I agree about the sizes. It's a bit hokie. I prefer the "X" style lugnut wrench instead but this fits in the trunk a little better.

Try again. I just ordered 10.

I got two more yesterday.

My 10 just arrived. :D

best Jeff Foxworthy voice - "Christmas presents"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom