Cheap Tool-.58 cents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser said:
Yea I prefer the "X" style lugnut wrench instead but this fits in the trunk a little better.

I do to, especially when working on recessed lug nuts like on the 80 series wheels. The X makes it a lot easier to spin the nuts on and off.

Cool find I ordered mine today, should be shipped.

I also ordered one of the se little compressors as they got some greta reviews and for $25 it looked pretty decend.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=QIN&mfrpartnumber=MV50

MV50.jpg

I've been looking for that compressor at that price too!

Says "Not available" :frown:

Maybe not available in my zip code?

Last edited:
hoser said:
I've been looking for that compressor at that price too!

Says "Not available" :frown:

Maybe not available in my zip code?
I'm in Morgan Hill (95037), so it took my order and pointed me to Kragen in Gilroy on 1st STreet. So maybe just put in my Zip and you can shoot down to GIlroy if it is not too far for you.

TomH said:
Sure, they would probably work on SAE sizes but generally tool companies don't market their metric tools as fitting SAE sizes.

Tom
Yes they do, look at any 4-way lug wrench, it will say like 3/4" then 19mm right beside it, it's close enough to work for either size.

I got my 5 L-wrenches on Friday... :D Already given two out as gifts...darn cool find! I've looked for that compressor, at first it said my local Checker had it, I went there, they had no idea what it was, wasn't on any shelf, I didn't have the actual part # with me, checked 2 days later online and it said not available, so who knows...

I love finding good deals like this...ok not 'finding', but on the coat-tails of those who found.. :D

Edit: Has ANYONE found that MV-50 compressor at a Checker/CSK/Kragen store around them? I would gladly pay someone for it and for shipping if you found one.

Last edited:
bulldog-yota said:
I'm in Morgan Hill (95037), so it took my order and pointed me to Kragen in Gilroy on 1st STreet. So maybe just put in my Zip and you can shoot down to GIlroy if it is not too far for you.
Hey thanks, Bulldog! I was able to order one. I just so happen to be passing by that way tomorrow. I'm a happy camper. :D

mabrodis said:
Edit: Has ANYONE found that MV-50 compressor at a Checker/CSK/Kragen store around them? I would gladly pay someone for it and for shipping if you found one.
I tried to order more than one and it said unavailable, call the hotline. So, I plugged in "1" and it allowed me to order. If I get down there and there is more than one. I'll gladly ship it to you.

hoser said:
Hey thanks, Bulldog! I was able to order one. I just so happen to be passing by that way tomorrow. I'm a happy camper. :D
Dont get your hopes up!! :eek:

I stopped by this afternoon and they had zero stock and the part is not even availible. They had cancceled my order but forgot to phone me. :mad: :mad:

I will keep looking for them and let you guys know here if I find.

TomH said:
Sure, they would probably work on SAE sizes but generally tool companies don't market their metric tools as fitting SAE sizes.

Tom

mabrodis said:
Yes they do, look at any 4-way lug wrench, it will say like 3/4" then 19mm right beside it, it's close enough to work for either size.

OK, you can probably find an example or two where companies will market SAE and metric as the same tool, I'm guessing mostly with lug wrenches. I did say generally though.

My original point was that maybe they are trying to get rid of the tools because it isn't clear where the SAE version comes into play. If the sockets were marked with SAE and metric sizes, then that would be one thing. Since they aren't, the average consumer might complain and want to return the tool because there is no indication of SAE on the sockets/tool.

Tom

Received 10 today. Pretty decent.

I use a 4-way lug wrench as well, but for $0.58, it makes a great spare to keep around and an extra 1/2" drive bar.

hoser said:
I tried to order more than one and it said unavailable, call the hotline. So, I plugged in "1" and it allowed me to order. If I get down there and there is more than one. I'll gladly ship it to you.
You were able to order the compressor online? (not talking about the lugwrench, I already got 5 of those) Every zipcode I entered for the compressor it said it was not available and never had any buy-online option. If you find one let me know, I just got the same compressor (under a different name) at PepBoys last night for $59, but would gladly return it if I could get it cheaper...

I entered my CC information on the website to reserve the item but I guess they don't charge it until I actually pick it up. But if Bulldog couldn't get any, then I doubt they'll be there when I stop by.

hoser said:
I entered my CC information on the website to reserve the item but I guess they don't charge it until I actually pick it up. But if Bulldog couldn't get any, then I doubt they'll be there when I stop by.
Yeah I stopped by the one in Gilroy and no luck. They can't even order any more.

Then I looked for shops in San Jose. It showed the Kragen in WIllow Glen had one. I stopped by there and the same story. It shows they have stock, but when you get there they have none. ANd they can't even order. The store manager told me it was a promotional item, and is not sure if they will get again.

Pepboys and other places list them for $75, which is too much imho.

So keep looking. But if you order through partsamerica, look at which store lists it and phone that store before driving out. Unfortunately some of the store people dont know the difference between any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom