Carmarka parts (U.A.E): Any experience? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heard about Carmarka parts in the U.A.E., several years ago...
Does a brother have a recent experience with these guys?

ive used a carmarka a couple times,,,, its a little different process, kinda like Steadman, but they are legit.

Let us know how it goes. I've only used Partsouq in the UAE.
Hi Greg,
they did reply promptly (and very friendly) to me.
Unfortunately they finally found out that the part in their catalog is actually discontinued...

Cheers, Demetrios

Try megazip or amayama, if it's a part Toyota still produces they may be able to source it on demand from Toyota Japan. Partsouq doesn't do that. Steadman is a great source for non-oversea japan-only parts!

Try megazip or amayama, if it's a part Toyota still produces they may be able to source it on demand from Toyota Japan. Partsouq doesn't do that. Steadman is a great source for non-oversea japan-only parts!
Thank you!

can someone drop this link for "steadman"? I've never heard of it.

i second that regarding megazip. always have had good transactions with them. they always let you know what's up if there's a wrinkle and you can usually choose between japan and uae warehouses.

The following is based on long experience of ordering genuine parts from various suppliers.

Partsouq and Amayama's UAE warehouse sites show you stock levels (though Amayama's UAE stock levels have become very unreliable recently, something they say they are rectifying). Carmarka do not, which means I would not waste my time with them.

I believe all the UAE retailers use the same supplier(s) and have no real stock themselves, they are just middle-men for these huge warehouses of parts. The UAE supplier(s) only have a limited range of the more fast-moving parts so if Partsouq is saying it is not available, 99% chance Carmarka will not have it.

Megazip's and Amayama's Japanese 'warehouses' (again, neither company carries any stock) reflect what is available to order from Toyota, though often they have prices for parts which are in fact out of production. If either Megazip/Amayama say a part is not available from Japan, then you can be sure the part is out of production, or in very rare cases just out of stock with the manufacturer (I have occasionally seen this with Denso parts).

There are rare instance of parts which for whatever reason cannot be sold in Japan and are export-only, which you can get in the UAE but not order from Japan.

With Dave Steadman you have a very knowledgeable, friendly, reputable and responsive human interface for ordering parts, but I do not believe he is sitting on an Aladdin's cave of NLA parts, so he too will be limited by what is still in production.

So the message from this is: if Carmarka are offering a part which the other sites are not offering, you can guarantee you are wasting your time ordering it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom