Builds Canguro Racing's Monica (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is she street legal?

No but I've driven her to work and around town :)

Let me introduce myself... I'm the "good job Marc!" that is driving when we nerf that truck in the video DMC posted. She is an absolute kick in the pants to drive. She gets up and over stuff so well it is amazing. When she flies, she does with grace and agility.

Go Team Canguro!!

This couldn't be more true.

The Canguro Race Cruiser was a baseline (somewhat inspirational) for what i wanted my 200 to be, i didn't want to build a race truck but i wanted something along the lines of a prerunner that could handle abuse. I did not know that the team was also a part of 'Mud.

I also do a fair bit of high speed "Baja" style driving, I also run king components but only the stock replacement stuff. So i am nowhere near the performance envelope of the race rig. It's pretty interesting how well the stock components hold up to abuse and even when you get it wrong its still a forgiving platform. I switched over from a 4.6 to a 5.7 around September last year after seeing how well my 4.6 motor and drivetrain could take the high speed punishment so the 3UR shouldn't be anymore different in terms of reliability. I am one satisfied customer, this has been my weekend sprint for the last 2 seasons and is a great baseline for engine and chassis testing:

they have CAMELS in Baja? :) Love the camels at 4:20...

Makes me wonder... What sort of monster bull-bar would you need to protect from those long-legged beasts?!? ;)

Reactions: dmc
they have CAMELS in Baja? :) Love the camels at 4:20...

Makes me wonder... What sort of monster bull-bar would you need to protect from those long-legged beasts?!? ;)

It's like running into a moose....It never ends well.

But that being said, i hope this answers your question:

IMG_1459.jpg

We got a bunch of tear down completed today. The front diff came out a few weeks back, today we pulled the front lowers, the steering rack and the rear driveline. We also cleaned off about 50lbs of dirt, despite having pressure washed it following our last race. The silt just migrated into ever nook and cranny and sets up like cement when exposed to water. Progress is progress :cool:

image.jpg

Is that a spacer on the hub?

The machined silver looking part

Yes, it won't clear without. We are working on a solution to eliminate that moving forward.

How thick is the shim, @cruiseroutfit ? I've been looking at some 5mm and 10mm shims and was wondering what you guys gained? Obviously I am interested, because I'm trying to find the right "recipe" for 37s. Right now, I have rubbing on the frame and body mount bracket.

How thick is the shim, @cruiseroutfit ? I've been looking at some 5mm and 10mm shims and was wondering what you guys gained? Obviously I am interested, because I'm trying to find the right "recipe" for 37s. Right now, I have rubbing on the frame and body mount bracket.

You can see on the body mount (right about Ryan's head) that we still rub with 37s at full compression. We also just barely rub at full droop on the upper control arm.

We are back at race prep tonight. Kicked it off by reassembling the front diff. We inspected the bearings and Nitro 4.88's, everything looked great!

2016033195205552.jpg

The front lower control arms didn't fair so well to the 1150 miles of Baja 1000. :eek:

20160331_230542.jpg

How id love to be a fly on the wall, just so I could watch and learn.

@dmc is a looking clean this days@!

I assume he is wearing sandals while wrenching, right?

That would be a good guess but this one time I had shoes on. Maybe even pants. Yes the world is ending.

That would be a good guess but this one time I had shoes on. Maybe even pants. Yes the world is ending.

Will someone please erase the image y'all just put in my head of dmc without his drawers? :moon::crybaby:

Prep & testing continues as we prepare for a May race. We had a wet and wild day yesterday testing suspension and a filming project with a new sponsor :cool:

image.jpg

image.jpg

more pics please!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom