Can you mix green coolants? I have reilly's coolant and fram green coolant, can I mix them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
Putting coolant back in the 60 but lost some in the process of changing it out. Need about a gallon of non-oreiilys coolant. Its green as well, but just want to be sure this isn't a nono to mix brands. they're both green.

Thanks,
Dan

Not an expert, but my understanding is all green is the same chemical ethylene glycol and can be mixed.

Just don't mix other colors as they are different glycols

Hard no on mixing green and orange, that's the really bad combo.

Chemistry is more important than color. Read the labels carefully. I suspect those are compatible, but worth reading the bottles or going online to find the additives in each.

green and green are fine, and it should be fine as well if you had to top off with yellow. i would not mix with red or pink unless you do a flush on the system to get the old green out

Green and green should be fine. Some of the yellow is compatible with the green stuff I believe. Best to read the labels to be certain. I’m pretty sure the green stuff was universal for all makes and models back when these trucks were new.

Hi all,
Putting coolant back in the 60 but lost some in the process of changing it out. Need about a gallon of non-oreiilys coolant. Its green as well, but just want to be sure this isn't a nono to mix brands. they're both green.

Thanks,
Dan

hi dan ,

Why are we discussing the what-if's on non-oem GREEN COOLANT here ?

- the topic should be ALL the reasons to only ever use and install the
Factory Full Strength RED FLUID and real Distilled Water just like the FSM instructs

- the topic of Green Coolant in your FJ60 should always be just this .....

- i have seen the long-term harm it causes first hand ,, and by the time you find out what all that harm is it way too late ....

- if your told differently , that source of incorrect is just that

toyota-long-life-coolant-1-litre-x-2-bottles-superstring-1903-07-F1539162_1.jpeg

i have been Subscribed to AMD for many years , he is a passionate modern realist , you should listen up on all his Fundamental Basics , he is SUPER LAND CRUISER Savoy too ....fyi

Usually green is fine to mix with green. I have yet to see a bottle that says you can't mix with another green. Green is just fine for our iron block engines. The important thing is to flush the coolant at recommended intervals to keep it fresh (keeps the active corrosion inhibitors fresh) and only used distilled water when needed. And as others have said, don't mix green and red.

Usually green is fine to mix with green. I have yet to see a bottle that says you can't mix with another green. Green is just fine for our iron block engines. The important thing is to flush the coolant at recommended intervals to keep it fresh (keeps the active corrosion inhibitors fresh) and only used distilled water when needed. And as others have said, don't mix green and red.
on the subject of flushing the system, i just had an engine rebuild, but am noticing these weird specs in my coolant (this is a photo of a funnel attatched to my radiator). im wondering if this is from my radiator or what?? are these specs consequnetially or indicaive of something?

tempImageKk0xJ7.png

tempImagetQOujY.png

on the subject of flushing the system, i just had an engine rebuild, but am noticing these weird specs in my coolant (this is a photo of a funnel attatched to my radiator). im wondering if this is from my radiator or what?? are these specs consequnetially or indicaive of something?

View attachment 3436126

View attachment 3436127
Maybe some debris got into the coolant passages during the rebuild? Could be some loose iron flakes from within the block.

Maybe some debris got into the coolant passages during the rebuild? Could be some loose iron flakes from within the block.
Possible, I assume they flushed the block? the truck sat for a year and could have gotten debris in the lines I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom