CampTeq 80 Series popup camper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The start of my 2019 Campteq remodel

My guess is by cutting the roof it will create more interior noise. Insulating the inside of the Campteq is something I have needed since new. I used high density closed cell foam for something that would not collect moisture and provide a good sound barrier and insulation. Aluminum is probably the worst protection from temperature and Im hoping this will keep inside a little warmer. I also plan to coat the top with some Solar Flex elastomeric roof coating for more protection from the sun in the summer time.

Looking pretty cozy inside with the warm blue color. I used 1/2" thick on the lower 3 panels and 3/8" on the first panel where the most room is needed when closing the top.

IMG_1065.JPG

2nd on the to do list is the ladder. The Extend 750P has been a great ladder over the years and has held up and performed well. Because in the past the ladder has just leaned against the top I have always worried about the ladder staying in place. To limit the chances of an issue may it be going to bed after a couple adult beverages or a 1/2 asleep trip out in the middle of the night I came up with an easy quick secure system for the ladder. With the small ratchet strap the ladder is now super solid. Now I only need to worry about fall OFF the ladder.:grinpimp:

IMG_1070.JPG
IMG_1072.JPG

I recently met with Maltec and my barn doors and a couple other secret 80 parts will be here at EXPO 2019. Im missing a couple latch parts and I will reach out to a contact in Tunisia were barn doors are cheap and common for the needed parts. New seal will be from Toyota.
Cant wait!

7kZmxcDQjLZl0QHmT7EBWyijmlcKF70aVaElssC4xfGWZWbP2zL4ATxyUrQsMU6lzXxgX29YYwpRiJEezIMlJBSUBjoDDJvRnDA750_OjB2vU3wdPj2plqYeTImj0huAoaSeGpXwVLhw1123vqCicVdWcDfSfwfoqWvpYOb_6UHw6Hs67VugIwHgN9MG1jWSqIlo79tS2dAGCGt3W4G0QmDCtG-jpoe8oQx6_QGnC9kGOTb9gLbtd3V-NIOFt2w6LS-0_Iz9SLld6grq5bQx-w5hME13NtVIIojMbedWGsMG1_7X34eaj6WRuBBgPrCrknd1UNPr9A_H4bUOIkmxqTzy7w3O5DSQHSGHb3lXX1Uud7ycLi86hrMn_qJhmi6gTRjLGF3hLoqRWPAtIH4GNBMaAmP2TZ1hs2bHtD7P3BvhfXPZj4y9vLxO25RbdX0R6Sxic6cuS1OwFB6pIgVBSHbt3K7r_9nwiPzCTfQIm9O9591OtECiz_u_dB3lOmwxJcyie-uHx4JfzSH_EF2oDUrGTI13F6nmLphfalGwO6z9meB_MoS3YadzglAFF13Bumw4EfgcznX6Iulx1uLNieEbWeL1xVNgA_WCTXFgRLAOe2aNoe5ub9Z0Nxj-0i4_KRSzrT3EYqdrD6IzkimTxg3pTA=w1407-h938-no

Last edited:
The start of my 2019 Campteq remodel

My guess is by cutting the roof it will create more interior noise. Insulating the inside of the Campteq is something I have needed since new. I used high density closed cell foam for something that would not collect moisture and provide a good sound barrier and insulation. Aluminum is probably the worst protection from temperature and Im hoping this will keep inside a little warmer. I also plan to coat the top with some Solar Flex elastomeric roof coating for more protection from the sun in the summer time.

Looking pretty cozy inside with the warm blue color. I used 1/2" thick on the lower 3 panels and 3/8" on the first panel where the most room is needed when closing the top.

View attachment 1872614

2nd on the to do list is the ladder. The Extend 750P has been a great ladder over the years and has held up and performed well. Because in the past the ladder has just leaned against the top I have always worried about the ladder staying in place. To limit the chances of an issue may it be going to bed after a couple adult beverages or a 1/2 asleep trip out in the middle of the night I came up with an easy quick secure system for the ladder. With the small ratchet strap the ladder is now super solid. Now I only need to worry about fall OFF the ladder.:grinpimp:

View attachment 1872617 View attachment 1872619

I recently met with Maltec and my barn doors and a couple other secret 80 parts will be here at EXPO 2019. Im missing a couple latch parts and I will reach out to a contact in Tunisia were barn doors are cheap and common for the needed parts. New seal will be from Toyota.
Cant wait!

7kZmxcDQjLZl0QHmT7EBWyijmlcKF70aVaElssC4xfGWZWbP2zL4ATxyUrQsMU6lzXxgX29YYwpRiJEezIMlJBSUBjoDDJvRnDA750_OjB2vU3wdPj2plqYeTImj0huAoaSeGpXwVLhw1123vqCicVdWcDfSfwfoqWvpYOb_6UHw6Hs67VugIwHgN9MG1jWSqIlo79tS2dAGCGt3W4G0QmDCtG-jpoe8oQx6_QGnC9kGOTb9gLbtd3V-NIOFt2w6LS-0_Iz9SLld6grq5bQx-w5hME13NtVIIojMbedWGsMG1_7X34eaj6WRuBBgPrCrknd1UNPr9A_H4bUOIkmxqTzy7w3O5DSQHSGHb3lXX1Uud7ycLi86hrMn_qJhmi6gTRjLGF3hLoqRWPAtIH4GNBMaAmP2TZ1hs2bHtD7P3BvhfXPZj4y9vLxO25RbdX0R6Sxic6cuS1OwFB6pIgVBSHbt3K7r_9nwiPzCTfQIm9O9591OtECiz_u_dB3lOmwxJcyie-uHx4JfzSH_EF2oDUrGTI13F6nmLphfalGwO6z9meB_MoS3YadzglAFF13Bumw4EfgcznX6Iulx1uLNieEbWeL1xVNgA_WCTXFgRLAOe2aNoe5ub9Z0Nxj-0i4_KRSzrT3EYqdrD6IzkimTxg3pTA=w1407-h938-no

I need to subscribe to this thread now. The barn door addition will be exciting to see. Nice addition on the foam it should help fight a bit of the radiating cold from the aluminum.

Suscribed...will the cutting of the top be a pay per view? If you need help cutting the top let me know.

Suscribed...will the cutting of the top be a pay per view? If you need help cutting the top let me know.

Help Do you know how to run this tool lol

The goal is to cut once and not catch the 80 on fire in the process:eek:

81KtGCvZvYL._SX466_.jpg

:popcorn::beer:

Help Do you know how to run this tool lol

The goal is to cut once and not catch the 80 on fire .
oh geez...I got a fire extinguisher and can stay by.

Chop that top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom