Camp Coffee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so I need to bring my US made granite boulder WITH ME? shoot, I've been doing it all wrong
Yes you do, trust me when I tell you, I tried Peruvian Granite and it takes way too long to season correctly and is simply too expensive.

plus, who like to pay for shipping?

I use a $20 percolator and it's always worked great. What does everyone else use?

Also saw this today, looks pretty slick.

Stanley's portable coffee system boils, brews and sips

Also prefer a regular percolator for car/river camping. We normally do starbucks vias for backpacking, but if they aren't crazy long we have a small french press that we take. We got a new percolator in stainless and the lid and filter are much better made than the older style blue/red ones we'd had before. Pretty excited to try it out on the river this spring!

Or you could just use a jetboil and instant coffee…………………eeephhh. :meh:
Sorry for the satire but after the first page of reading I had to check if I was on expedition portal or not. Were things that are more complicated and more expensive are always better.

I was loving the satire until I skipped to the end. Oh man... instant coffee is wrong! Always. Especially when exponentially better coffee is dead easy.

Using an Aeropress or Espropress (both of which are easily stowed/transported along with grounds) is quick and cleans up easily. I use the medium sized Espropress every time we camp so I can share. I'm not saying it's gourmet... it's just so much better than instant.

Instant coffee... sheesh! Why don't you just recommend people bring instant powdered egg and turkey bacon for their breakfast too?!

I have been off work (Boeing Christmas break) since the 16th of last month, go back tomorrow.
Between my Keurig at home and my Aeropress, I have been using the latter mostly while home.
Something about the Aeropress and how easy it is makes it more fun.

I do have two of them now too.
One in my camping foodbox, and one for home.

I have been a confirmed pour over guy for decades. But that all changed two years ago when my 20 something daughter got me an Aeropress. Holy carp that things makes great coffee and makes it fast. I don't have time in my life for espresso (I aspire to one day) but the Aeropress makes beautiful coffee in literally 2 minutes or so.

Anyway, it's so good, I received another Aeropress for Christmas "for the camping box" and I'm looking forward to using that in the remote places of the west.

The upside down method of Aeropressing is the only way, just don't bump it before you have the filter cap screwed on or you will have a gawd awful mess. The stainless disc filter is an improvement too. There are several, this one is the best.

Amazon.com: Able Brewing Disk Fine Coffee Filter for Aeropress Coffee & Espresso Maker - Stainless Steel Reusable: Kitchen & Dining

By no means a coffee connoisseur, but recently tried these. The first has a bit of chocolate note.

Black Wolf Blend | Heritage Coffee

Black Bear | Muskoka Roastery Coffee Company

Also started using this recently (a gift my wife received from her former boss) which I prefer over our twenty year old plus year Philips drip coffee maker.

Lagostina – Premium Housewares – Cookware Canada

Also, a few years back when we where in Hawaii, I spoke to a women who owned and sold her own Kona coffee. She mentioned that all these "instant" pods used lower quality coffee, and to also avoid any type of flavoured coffee as it was also generally of lower quality.

I'm old school and just like the idea of a percolator on the camp fire. I know that there are solutions that produce a better product, but this one has worked for me for over 25 years.

413Vz8BHl7L.jpg

:p:bounce::D:bounce2:

197 posts about water-soaked burnt seeds !

58826443.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom