BxBuilt LX470 Headlights - 20% Labor Day Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 22 week wait is next week or the week after. I’m fully prepared to be disappointed with having to wait longer and then again when I finally receive the product.

Anybody receive their BX Built lights yet? I'm pretty eager to get mine.

Sadly, not yet. I've gone well beyond the advertised twenty-two week lead time (Almost 30 weeks.). Given that, I wouldn't suggest anyone else order until they can get their fulfillment times down to a reasonable time-frame.

When I emailed them at the 22 week mark asking for status, I got a friendly email back saying there's no ETA for my order...now sitting at 26 weeks...

I have a set of BXBuilt headlights and Fog lights for my GX470. You could put a gold fish inside the Fog Lights and it will survive. That's how much water they collect.

I waited almost two years for my first set. First set was TRASH. Gallons of Silicone every where but where they needed to seal. The back caps fell off, only had about 1/4 sealed and the rest had No Silicone. Same with the Fog lights. They built me another set and same thing, the Headlights fog up, tons of condensation inside. Driver-side stopped working on me a few weeks ago for the 2nd time. This time one of the prongs in the connector for the Low Beam snapped off. I am now waiting for a 3rd set of fog lights to replace these fish tank style of fogs they built. It's been a LONG time and still waiting. Last I heard was on 1/9 telling me my fogs will be done by 1/20. Multiple follow ups since and I have not heard a single word from Andrew or his team. Every time I get any update is a new excuse. I've heard them all.
I'll provide further details and Pictures once I get a chance.

P.S. If you guys recall Pelfreybuilt... after a certain amount of time, you can't dispute the charge with your credit card I think... And if they go out of biz... everyone is screwed.

Last edited:
I have a set of BXBuilt headlights and Fog lights for my GX470. You could put a gold fish inside the Fog Lights and it will survive. That's how much water they collect.

I waited almost two years for my first set. First set was TRASH. Gallons of Silicone every where but where they needed to seal. The back caps fell off, only had about 1/4 sealed and the rest had No Silicone. Same with the Fog lights. They built me another set and same thing, the Headlights fog up, tons of condensation inside. Driver-side stopped working on me a few weeks ago for the 2nd time. This time one of the prongs in the connector for the Low Beam snapped off. I am now waiting for a 3rd set of fog lights to replace these fish tank style of fogs they built. It's been a LONG time and still waiting. Last I heard was on 1/9 telling me my fogs will be done by 1/20. Multiple follow ups since and I have not heard a single word from Andrew or his team. Every time I get any update is a new excuse. I've heard them all.
I'll provide further details and Pictures once I get a chance.

P.S. If you guys recall Pelfreybuilt... after a certain amount of time, you can't dispute the charge with your credit card I think... And if they go out of biz... everyone is screwed.
Yikes...

Not sure how these guys are still around. Just a bunch of bros turning out aliexpress projectors w RGB everywhere and installing in depot headlights. The only plausible explanation is that their customer base is those under 30.

if you want to actually do a nice retro, use new OEM headlights and koito 2.0 LED projectors (OEM in Toyota and subaru) or RX350 HID projectors w mitsushito ballasts and legit Phillips bulbs.

Ordered a set back in may 2022 and still no headlights. Also no reply from the emails I sent last month and this month. I got a reply late last year basically saying there is no eta. also the phone number listed goes straight to voice mail for me. My advice is don’t bother.

Well, that's not encouraging. :(

ding ding, customer base is under 30
make your own 06-07 LC HIDs for 650$ No idea on LX. Or Lou's current price on LX items.
Do not pay for LEDs unless someone reputable on MUD say's they're good and will not fail for years.
Currently the two stroke are the only ones I know that will last years. GTR ultra testing in progress.

If you have a 22 week time, you should have a location that customers can send parts to, and visit.

22 Week Lead times = You should have employee's, or cut down on your product offerings.

Cracking a set of Depo's in the oven, tossing a set of projectors in, aligning them and sealing them back up is not difficult. I did it for many MUD members. Sure, I got behind, but they also had my home address :) .

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 1.45.21 PM.png

Maybe it's just as well that there won't be so many hideous lights floating around...

But this caught my eye: they charge you a 20% "restocking fee" if you cancel an un-received order after 7 days.

Screenshot_20230301_181726_Chrome.jpg

They charge you to restock an item that never left stock... Good luck in business, boys. Red flags everywhere.

Yep theyre gone and ghosting it seems. Unless your CC or Paypal will step up, your money is too. (I guess unless ordered something through whatever SRQ fabrication is - they said theyd handle it somehow)

Maybe go find whatever the 4Runner thread is and send as proof. I just saw this one on TW

Dammit, stupid grifters.
Yeah Man. That sucks. I waited over 1 year and it was when I got hostile that he shipped the first LEAKY set of headlights and Fog lights that fell apart as I unwrapped them. Some more B*TC*ING and he shipped a replacement about another 6 month later. That set currently stopped working... & 3 sets of Fog lights later, I still have a fishtank style fog light on my GX... Andrew is ALL talk. He Meant to take everyone's $ from the start. Notice the trend? They pump out a cool product, get a few to buy and get the rest worked up over it. That's followed by a groupbuy with 12+ month Lead time and BOOM!

Yep they are out of business and had a big public falling out b/t the douche Daniel and the owner Andrew. Actually had good interactions with Andrew, Daniel nope. They were big on the 4runner forums curious to see if they are losing their mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom