Buying a 62. Rust question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to look at a clean 1990 62 Saturday that looks great in the pics, but current owner doesn’t know any maintenance history and mentioned “light” rust in the fenders.

I know that’s a trouble spot. Is there hope in treatment and prevention before it gets worse, or is it too far gone if it’s already showing?

Currently have a lightly modified 2004 GX470 and hoping to add this to the stable. Plan is to keep the 62 stock as the Lexus as the adventure rig.

Got an pics? With Rust in the quarter panels, it's normally much much worse on the inside

:)

there's a post somewhere in the 60's forum by @Aloha Jen and she posted a pic of a bunch of people holding up letters to spelling "this post is useless without pitchers" like a pitcher - not a picture... kinda funny. but yeah...like everyone said... need more data.

I think every used car I've looked at where it was advertised as having "some surface rust" or "light rust" was pretty much rotted. This goes way back to pre-internet picture days, Autotrader black and white pics. Which meant driving with a down payment in hand only to have it be a waste of time. Not saying people were trying to hide anything but....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom