Bumper Mount Dimensions Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, my first post etc etc

Anyway straight to the point, Im in the process of restoring my ‘83 FJ40. The current bumper set up is a bit of a mess and I’m wanting to take it back to stock. I have access to a full fabrication shop at work so have decided to manufacture my own mounts to save myself $50.

Does anyone have the dimensions of them? A drawing would be even more appreciated.

Thanks in advance

To save $50 it's a lot of work to make your own. Would start a wanted ad first. Would be pretty easy if it was just a flat plate. Before I even thought about tackling it would want to have one in my hands to see how these were stamped out. A flat plate would not work with the side stays riveted to the frame. The original bumper is taller then the frame. The side stays and top plate make it the difference in height. The height difference it made up on the top which why these are made the way they are.

I understand what you’re saying but it’s $50 +shipping&tax to the UK, compared to a few hours ****ing around at work. I might as well give it a go and if it doesn’t work I’ll eat my words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom