Bumbles Bounce Don'tcha know.. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, learned a lesson. Don't take the truck to the shop and just tell them to work it in, Make an appointment. Shop has been so busy, it hadn't been touched and I need to be ready to pick up the trailer in a week or 2. So I brought Bumble back home to do the hitch install and take care of a few misc things ahead of his official appointment.

B&W makes a nice unit, unboxed and prepping for install.
20210116_121255.jpg

No going back now.
20210116_122537.jpg

Install is pretty straight forward. Took a few hours at a leisurely pace.

20210116_163306.jpg

Turnover ball is flush with the bed floor when flipped and not in use. The safety chain hooks landed in a recess so they don't stick up too bad. Should be fine for hauling stuff.

20210116_163241.jpg

We also got a big box from down under this afternoon via Texas.

20210116_183500.jpg

It will go on the neck of the trailer once we get it.

Last edited:
Tomorrow ill finish tightening everything up and check the trailer plug wiring in the bed. Got a new dash to install also so may try to knock that out while I'm at it.

Well after a rather costly trip to Northern for a 1 1/2" wrench and socket, I finished mounting the hitch to the truck. All bolted and torqued down.

20210117_153104.jpg

Ready to hook to the trailer when its ready.

20210117_140839.jpg

Didn't fool with the trailer plug today, but I did decide to swap out the old busted up dash trim. I couldn't figure out how to get the knob off the light switch, so since I had a new one, I just took it out one piece at a time.

20210117_145353.jpg

Cleaned up in behind the dash, swapped over a few misc bits and bolted it back in.

(Pre-cleaning)
20210117_145424.jpg

All freshy fresh.

20210117_152758.jpg

Fluid changes this week hopefully and I'll check the plug in the bed to make sure er'thang works. Ole Bumble is finally getting some much deserved tlc.

Last edited:
Got the call from BJs today that the trailer is ready. They are about a week ahead of what they told me, so that's pretty awesome. Got to check the bed side plug and make sure er'thang works and then pick up on saturday.

Well today Erin and I ran up 109 to pick up the new trailer. I was proud of myself for not needing help to hook it up considering that I've never hooked up a gooseneck before.

20210123_113842.jpg

Pulled good and we ran 65 +/- on 840 most of the way back. Those headers have to get on though, the exhaust leak makes it sound like it's gonna explode when it downshifts. On the books for those next week.

So we set about getting the 23Zero tent mounted right away. It's the walkabout 87 and I'm pretty sure it's as big or bigger than a king size bed. Freaking ginormous.

20210123_142348.jpg

Got it unboxed and figured out the mounting situation. I had the deck put on the neck specifically for it. We used little John to get it up on the neck.

20210123_162601.jpg

Then after we got it bolted down, I had to load the WarPig up to see how it all went.

20210123_172203.jpg

20210123_172230.jpg

For transport we'll have the tent closed and the WarPig will be a little farther forward, but im happy with how it all went together. I had them put a 2" receiver on the neck so I can slide a cradle winch mount in for pulling junk up on the trailer.

Need to get a battery in the chain box and get some wiring for that sorted, but all in all, I think we should be ready for a test run soon.

I'll get more pics tomorrow if it isn't raining.

The Wench took advantage of the new trailer and her personal driver and wrench monkey today to haul a recent sell to its new owner.

20210130_093114.jpg

We hauled the 92 up to Nolensville to drop it at the shop.

Then came back home and had to pull the trans off the 3FE to get it ready to carry up tomorrow when we take the truck up to the shop for his header install appointment.

20210130_144847.jpg

20210130_151818.jpg

So I have new rotors, pads and bearings for the front-end that I'm gonna hope to knock out tonight or tomorrow after church. Then he's headed up to get the headers installed and while there I'm going to get them to go ahead and replace the carrier bearing and 3 joints in the rear d-shaft.

Trying to prep for a trip to Florida to pick up the last piggy from the Wench's last big acquisition.

Trailer pulls nice and the only thing I need to figure out is a battery and plug for the winch cradle for pulling junk up on the trailer.

Got this picture from the shop today. Asked how the header install was going.

Response: good but we're a little worried about theses plugs...
6339949451.jpg

Pretty sure those are original equipment... they're gonna knock those out while there in there.

Also, far left you can see how bad that rear port was leaking at the flange.

Them must be on the passenger side rear.
You are correct sir. The passenger side has had an exhaust leak since I got the truck, which is why I got the headers, but I had no idea the plugs were so bad.

I was going to do them, but I think it worked out way better because I would probably have broken one of the them off if I had tried to get in there from the top.

I had no idea this was a thing, but I now have 6 on the way.
Screenshot_20210203-204048_Chrome.jpg

It's a D-ring that drops into the stake pocket on the trailer

That’s cool. May have to pick a couple up. Where did you find those? Thanks for sharing.

Got them here:

They shipped yesterday and will arrive tomorrow.

The place you find everything coming out of China.............Amazon @tgreco. :rofl::moon:

I dont have any idea where their made, but they are shipping from Ohio. We cut Amazon loose a few weeks back when they started flexing their muscles trying to silence some of those out there that had a different opinion than theirs. No more smiley boxes coming to our house.

Got them here:

They shipped yesterday and will arrive tomorrow.

I dont have any idea where their made, but they are shipping from Ohio. We cut Amazon loose a few weeks back when they started flexing their muscles trying to silence some of those out there that had a different opinion than theirs. No more smiley boxes coming to our house.

That is where I picked up the swing out storage box for the 80.

Went by and settled up tonight and got the keys. Will pick him up tomorrow. Chatted with Albert a little. Turns out they had to drill and chase almost every bolt out, one had to be drilled and re-tapped up a size, basically the tech spent a whole day just doing the headers. Today they knocked out the plugs, u-joints and carrier bearing. I'm looking forward to hearing the 70 series for the first time since I had the exhaust done almost 5 years ago.

This weekend I have a pile of brake parts to throw at the front and along with an oil change and if I have time I'll throw on the new plug wires for good measure.

I also picked up a trans temp gauge and A-pilar pod for it. Will throw that on as well so I can keep tabs on the trans when we make the night pull in a couple weeks.

Well the day started well enough. Got a fire going in the stove and started tearing things down. Unboltes the old calipers and laid them up out of the way. Like to have never found the proper size Allen key to remove the hubs. But got those off and pulled the guys and hit the first snag.

20210206_133929.jpg

Just to be clear, this is the proper tool for removing the spindle nuts.
20210206_161706.jpg

People who us chisels annoy me, and also ruin it for people who have (or in my case are willing to run to the parts store to aquire) the proper socket only to find that said socket doesn't fit properly because the chisel monster beat them into submission.

20210206_151802.jpg

This is where the drivers side sits tonight, not because I ran out of time, but because NAPA butt F'd me and told me that the bearings came with races, even checked to confirm, but the ones he checked were the outers. I have all the bearings, seals, rotors, pads, etc ready to go back together, but I need the inner races to start putting things together. So tomorrow thats what I'll be hunting for.

20210206_161945.jpg

Last edited:
I went ahead and loaded the new calipers and bolted up the new lines to them.

20210206_161959.jpg

Got the old line connections soaking in some PB Blaster hoping they will be kind.

And with nothing more to do I put my trans temp guage in the pillar pod and tested how it was going to look.
20210206_162645.jpg

I got the triple because I plan to eventually add a water temp and oil pressure gauge.

Last edited:
I finally put a small green zip tie on the Allen wrench that fits those hub bolts so I didn't have to go through all of them anymore. Im proud yours has caliper bolts instead of the dam caliper pins mine have. I thought you were going D60 for the front?

I finally put a small green zip tie on the Allen wrench that fits those hub bolts so I didn't have to go through all of them anymore. Im proud yours has caliper bolts instead of the dam caliper pins mine have. I thought you were going D60 for the front?

60 is getting work. Still got a few bits to do the full swap.

The calipers, rotors, hubs, bearings, basically the rotors out all will swap straight onto the 60. So doing all the outers and when the 60 is all done, I'll swap all these new parts onto the 60 spindles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom