Bumbles Bounce Don'tcha know.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shop said AC is just a leaking fitting and that he is charged up and blowing ice cold, bad news is apparently I ordered the wrong fuel pump, otherwise i'd probably be picking him up. Should be done tomorrow.

Last edited:
Shop needed to order a special socket to replace the leaking fitting and he is waiting on that. They got the fuel pump replaced and he is in good shape, but they need to replace the fitting to keep him blowing cold air.

Been looking at interior upgrades and cooling options for the oil and trans. I'm pretty sure the D50 and D60 spindles take the same wheel bearings, so probably going to look at doing those soon too.

@htburnett hooked me up on his last trip to his OBS stash. Picked me up a pile of interior plastics for Bumble. Gotta get them cleaned up and decide if I'm gonna paint to match the red interior, or look at going a different direction.

20191030_192957.jpg

I am soo stoked for all these goodies

Not sure If'n any of you are interested, but Sky Offroad is having a black friday sale. I'm going to be getting one of their SD spring RSK kits for Bumble. I'm about to get serious about rebuilding the D60 to go underneath and this is the main piece needed. It can be done without, but the SD springs are supposed to really improve the ride (as much as a leaf sprung truck can be), and this kit does the shakle reversal and SD swap all in one.

May pickup a few other bits while I'm at it. 10% off site wide.

Also, @htburnett and @radioridge bronco graveyard has 10% off sitewide thru sometime in December if you guys need any parts for your trucks.

Sky shakle reversal kit ordered.

Now I gotta get the d60 in the shop and start cleaning it up and start rebuilding it.

I am slowly acquiring the parts to get the 60 rebuilt.

I got some new ball joints on the way. Need to get the housing and knuckles cleaned up and painted, then I can press the joints in and get it looking like an axle again.

parts acquisition for the 60 rebuild is going to be slow as I work on the sami in parallel.

I think the next major items will be the short inner shaft and the stub shaft. I will need to get those and put them together so i can get the spindles mounted up. Once those are on, then I can start getting things like rotors, calipers, etc. sorted out. I have cores so I will be picking those up at some point. Steering linkage and springs are probably the main big ticket items that I will need to round things out. Well other than needing to find a matching 4.11 rear to swap in at the same time... yeah it's on 3.55s currently, so should pick up some good low end grunt with that swap. It will hurt top end, but lets be honest, we aren't going to win any races in this thing anyway, so having the power down low is going to be more beneficial, especially if I jump up to 35s at some point.

60 has assumed its position in the shop. Now to start cleaning and getting the new ball joints pressed in.

20200112_161158.jpg

Thanks for getting that cleaned up and rebuilt for me.

:rofl:

Bout time. Game on.
20200303_182603.jpg

Bumble rolled out this morning with the Wench riding shotgun. 13 hours and 500 miles later we had successfully made our longest run to date.

20200710_200249.jpg

Hauled a 62 carcus back. I'll grab some pics of the total haul tomorrow.

Preparing for the warpig run on Saturday. Been wanting to update the controller for a while now. Had this unit stashed for a while and tonight I pulled the old one out and started mounting the new one. I am going to pick up a new Ford adapter harness tomorrow and finish up the install.

20201103_201245.jpg

Also have a adjustable drop hitch coming tomorrow, and need to do an oil change and fluid check.

Picked up the wiring pig tail this afternoon and wired up plugged in. I backed up to the trailer and plugged it in and viola brakes.

My Bulletproof drop hitch came in. This thing was packed amazingly well.
20201104_185107.jpg

And dropped right in.
20201104_185459.jpg

And my new straps came in. Picked up a set of Vulcan 2.5" trailer straps and a set of rhino axle straps.
20201104_200357.jpg

Had to run some errands right after dinner, so oil change tomorrow and we'll be ready to roll out to pick up the warpig on Saturday.

Roughly 400 miles round trip, have empty, half carrying a load of badass bacon.

20201107_095423.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

Was able to run 60-65 loaded most of the way back home. Had a few long hills that dropped into the 40s. Averaged 7 mpg running loaded.

Getting the headers on is up the list because that exhaust leak sounds awful under load.

Bumble did a great job, very pleased.

Heard you may be testing it out again on the way to Chocco...

No choco on this run, but we do plan to do some trips to get a feel for it. No top, no doors, no heat so not likely to be doing much winter wheeling, but hopefully we can make aop or chocco or a windrock run soon to see how it does.

Bumble needs a nice wide gooseneck to tug around for this thing. With tons and big fat reds, it was all we could do to get it on and back off the trailer. Gonna keep an eye out, but from a budget standpoint, thinking that may not go down until after the new year.

@jynx, I'll come and get it if you want and take it to Chocco. It's got a lot of nice sheet metal.:)

Erin just told me this morning that the GA boys are planning a run in a couple of weeks. I thought he meant did we stop on our way.

Either way, we need a bigger trailer to transport before we can make any trips. We are looking at a gooseneck and hitch, but not likely to get all that sorted ahead of next weekends run.

And looks are deceiving, the sheet metal is not that nice, and the dang tires stick out soo far out, that it would take something really dumb to even get to it.

I have a pop up goose neck hitch assy. you can have. It's out of a 06 F250 not sure if it will work it yours but if you want it it's yours.
1604935887188.png

Looks like this one.

I have a pop up goose neck hitch assy. you can have. It's out of a 06 F250 not sure if it will work it yours but if you want it it's yours.
View attachment 2490494

Looks like this one.

I will do a little research and see how much the frame changed from 97 to 06 and let you know.

Any good recommendations on where to look for a trailer? I haven't ever looked for something like this and want to make sure I get a good one. I am looking in the 20' flat + 5' dovetail range (25' +/-) deckover with a load range of 14k-17k. I have looked at one that SLE has and I also looked at the Kaufman website, but I really don't have any idea what I should or should not be looking for.

Want to be able to carry the rig and haul the tractor if I need to.

Anyway, thanks for the offer and I will let you know what I find about the frames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom