Bugcatcher window w/s using Furman (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
I'm looking to get some feedback from those that used the 4-piece bug catcher w/s kit that Robert Furman had made. How has it held up? Would you do it again? How have the bonded corners held up?

Thanks!

Yes i would use it again. I have some scraps left and the rubber still is good after 12/13 years.
I originally got some for my 64 SWB truck, i put it in without glueing them and it worked great.
I sold that truck years ago so haven't seen how its held up, but i had enough left over to do one of the windows on my LBP and that is still holding up. I didn't glue that one either, i think next chance i would try to glue it.

Kurt-

I'm happy with the results of Robert's stuff. I'm in the same boat as the others. I overlapped the corners a little and did not glue anything. I don't open them but they will open and don't leak. You could spend a little more time and angle cut them and glue them to make them look better if you like. I too have enough left over to do another set. I'm holding into these in case I ever paint my rig but that's probably never.

The rubber is still soft and in great shape. I'd buy again in a second if I needed to.

I bought two sets when they were available. Still in the package somewhere.:(

It's official: Bug Catcher Weather Strip Kits for your 1958-1966 2x/4x

WSBUGCKIT.jpg

too bad i still have an extra set from the furman years, otherwise i'd snatch up a spare set ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom