Broken Rocker Arm Stud (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While attempting to adjust my valves, one of my Rocker Arm studs twisted right off in the Valve Cover Nut itself. 🤬

Are these parts readily available from Toyota, or suitable replacement ?

221F350E-9586-4FB9-8DB4-83F7738618D4.jpeg
D9444BA3-F629-407F-8658-761DB6EDA012.jpeg

That is an 81 and newer nut. Are you using it with an 81 and newer valve cover and 81 and newer rocker arm assembly?

If you can wait a few days, I may have an extra stud I could send you. Can you get the broken piece out of the cap-nut?

Thanks! Im going to try and drill it out and I’ll report back with more tech.

I’ll try and take lots of pictures! 🧐

I don’t think drilling is best or necessary. but you have to remove the rocker assembly.

take the top nut off all the rocker/valve cover studs. remove the adjacent bolts and slide the rocker assembly up and off.
The broken stud will be able to be taken off with stacked double nut removal technique (might need to clean up the thread to get a nut on it with a die, or weld a nut on the top if you can’t thread nut on it)

replace stud, put rocker arm assembly back on and retorque bolts.

hOOter

That stud is treaded into the head. It may back right out. But if it’s stuck, you have better access to the whole stud (if needed) by removal of rocker assembly.
It may not be needed.

you scared me when you said you were going drill it out. I think now you were talking about the valve cover nut side.

The nut is a $5 part...retail. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom