Broken 3b push rod cover HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The breather tube on my push rod cover on my 84 3B fell off and decided to take a hike down a logging road. Has anyone ever welded a new tube piece on before? The pushrod cover itself is discontinued and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Would I be able to weld it in place if i properly cleaned the surface of the cover? If anyone has any input or knows the whereabouts of where I could find this piece, it would be much appreciated!

19179439_10158991099490454_1578508066_o.jpg

19212609_10158991099780454_1620545770_o.jpg

I was just looking at that plate today on my spare 3B. It's a bit rusty and I was wondering if a piece of flat metal would work as a replacement. I have welding a oil pan so I can't see why you could weld on that. Check the classified section there are a few people parting out engines.

Not familiar with these motors,but would a splash guard of some kind be needed just inside the push rod cover before welding the new tube on?

Don

I would mig it. These engines vibrate ALOT so the secondary support should be part of the new design. Maybe get some electrical conduit with a 90 degree bend.

FWIW there's meant to be a bracket on the tube that bolts to the oil filter housing, it looks like yours was missing.

FWIW there's meant to be a bracket on the tube that bolts to the oil filter housing, it looks like yours was missing.

Yep !

2008-01-05 (9).JPG

Yeah there's way too much vibration to not have a bracket on such a long tube. Our engines can damage stuff like that very easily. Honestly, you can design your tube however you like as long as its not a restriction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom